Return to Getting Started overview
This guide walks you through the essentials of setting up your Schedulista business account.
Contents in this article:
- Initial business account setup
- Setting your Business Details
- Creating & editing Users
- Creating & editing Services
- Multiple locations
Initial business account setup
You've likely already done this, but if you need, you can sign up for a new Schedulista business account here: http://www.schedulista.com/businesses/sign_up
Signing up for a business account will create your business name and your user account login email address and password.
The setup will walk you through three quick steps:
- Your time zone and country
- Your regular work schedule
- Adding at least one service
Once the initial setup is complete, you will have access to your account dashboard to fully set-up your account.
Setting your Business Details
The Business Details page allows you to setup the following:
- Business Name - You can edit your business name here.
- Business Address - The main physical address of your business. This will add a Google map of your location to your scheduling page and to the confirmation and reminder emails.
- Time Zone - You can adjust the time zone for your account here.
- Country - You can change the country of your business here.
- Business Statement - This is a description of your business that appears on your scheduler. Note: The statement is not included in the scheduler widget embedded on a website.
Creating & editing Users
More information: Users
You can create or edit user accounts by going to the Users page. You can read more on adding users to your account in the following ways:
- Add user with a calendar - For users who will be providing services
- Add user without a calendar - For users who are not offering services, like administrators, receptionists, or other support staff
- Adding another calendar to your account - For additional availability, multiple locations, or resources like rooms or equipment
Each user account has the following options:
- User Account - Allows the user to sign into the account using their own email address and password.
- Access level - Determines how much access the user has to the system. You can further adjust permissions for those set to Provider level of access.
- Calendar - Determines if the user gets a calendar. Any user that clients are going to schedule appointments with will need a calendar.
- Provider bio - You can add a bio for each user that will appear on the Choose Provider page in the scheduler. The bio is only visible if you have multiple user accounts.
- Receive Text/SMS Update - (Deprecated) This setting no longer applies. It has been replaced by push notifications sent through the mobile app when clients book or cancel online. On multi-user accounts, users can also receive push notifications for other providers depending on their access level.
- Work Schedule - Sets the regular work hours the user is available each week. This can also be adjusted on the Calendar.
- Services Offered - Determines which services the user offers to clients.
Creating & editing Services
You will have the following options while creating or editing services:
- Price - The amount your service costs for an appointment. If you opt to take payments when clients schedule, this is the amount they would be charged.
- Duration - The length of your service. This is the amount of time that each scheduled appointment for the service will block out on your calendar. Note: Schedulista doesn't directly show the appointment duration to your clients. If you'd like clients to know how long an appointment lasts, you can include this in the name and/or description of the service (e.g. "60 Minute Swedish Massage").
- Setup/cleanup time - This is used to block out additional time before and after appointments.
- Split appointment - This is used to create a gap time within an appointment, so another client can schedule during that time. Note: As this feature is mostly used by hair stylists, it isn't automatically included on all accounts. If you'd like this feature turned on, please notify our support team at email@example.com
- Category - Categories help to organize the list of services in your scheduler. Select which category you'd like the service to appear under from the drop-down menu.
- Description - A text field to offer a brief description of your service. This appears below the service name in your scheduler.
- Class - Allows multiple people to schedule the service at the same appointment time. Great for classes, groups, workshops, events, etc.
- Private Service - Private services are hidden from your scheduler and only clients with a special link can schedule them. This is great for providing promotions and special offers to select clients.
- Limited Time Offer - This allows a service to only be available to book during a specific date range.
- Daily Deal - This feature requires clients to enter a Groupon, Living Social, or other coupon code to schedule the service.
- Location - This allows you to set an alternate location for a specific service / class / event. If you provide a service where you travel to the client, you can set it to ask their client their location while scheduling.
- Custom Fields - Custom fields are used to ask clients for additional information while scheduling. You can select which custom fields you would like to apply to the specific service.
- Providers Offering Service - Determines which users with calendars offer the specific service.
More information: Multiple locations