Available in mobile app version 6.0.1 and above
In addition to the email notifications, you can opt to receive push notifications to your phone through the mobile app whenever clients schedule or cancel an appointment or class booking online. You can also opt to receive push appointment reminders.
Benefits of push notifications
Be notified immediately on your mobile phone that clients have booked or cancelled an appointment online
Be notified immediately when other providers set, reschedule, or cancel an appointment directly on your calendar, if you're on a multi-user account
Tap the push notification to open the mobile app to the appointment on your calendar to quickly view appointment information
What is a push notification?
A push notification is a message sent from Schedulista to your mobile app that will pop up on your phone's home screen (and lock screen, depending on settings) to alert you when an appointment has been booked, cancelled, or rescheduled. The notification will also appear in your notification center.
You can tap on the reminder to open to the appointment on your calendar in the mobile app for more details.
In-app notification pop-up toast
If you have the mobile app open, a provider notification will appear in a pop-up toast at the top of the app rather than in a push notification. You can tap on the pop-up toast to go directly to the appointment on your calendar.
Enabling provider push notifications
Images below: iPhone (left); Android (right)
(1) Open the Schedulista mobile app and sign in, if needed
(2) Tap on the Calendar Settings icon in the top left corner (on iPhone) or the top right corner near the Add Appointment plus (+) symbol (on Android)
(3) On the Calendar Settings page, tap the Notifications toggle to turn on
(4) Tap Done to save and return to the calendar
When notifications are disabled by iOS or Android
If notifications for the Schedulista app have been turned off at the system level on your phone, you may receive an alert when trying to enable the notifications in the mobile app. This will direct you how to turn them on at the system level to make them available to enable in the app.
(1) On the alert, tap Settings
(2) On the system Settings page, tap on Notifications
(3) On the Notifications page, scroll down and tap on Schedulista in the list of installed apps
(4) On the Schedulista Notifications page, tap the Allow Notifications toggle to turn on
(5) (optional) Tap on the Lock Screen, Notification Center, and/or Banners sections under Alerts to choose which style you want
(6) Return to the Schedulista mobile app to toggle on the notifications
(7) Tap Done to save and return to the calendar
(1) On the alert, tap Settings
(2) This should open directly to the Schedulista Notifications settings. Tap the Show notifications toggle to turn on
(3) (optional) Tap on PhoneGap PushPlugin (the name not the toggle) to adjust sound and style of notifications you want
(4) Return to the Schedulista mobile app to toggle on the notifications
(5) Tap Done to save and return to the calendar
Receive push notifications for other providers
If you are on a multi-user account and have Administrator or Scheduler user access level, you will be able to receive push notifications for other providers on the account in addition to your own. Learn more on how to set this here.
keywords: provider notifications, push notifications, provider text notifications, provider SMS notifications, mobile phone notifications, booked, scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, alerts