There are two methods to determine when classes or events are available on your calendar: adding classes to specific dates & times or offering wherever there is available time on your schedule.
You can read more on creating a class or event here.
Contents in this article:
- Method 1: Adding classes / events directly to your calendar
- Method 2: Offering classes wherever you have availability on your schedule
- When a class or event is full
Method 1: Adding classes / events directly to your calendar
As classes are typically available on specific dates and times, they are scheduled like events rather than with the frequency of standard appointment scheduling.
You can add empty class/event appointments directly to your calendar to open them up to clients to schedule. Multiple clients can schedule for that appointment time, up to your set max capacity.
Note: This is the default method for making classes available.
(1) Go to the Calendar tab
(2) Click the date/time slot you’d like to offer a class/event
(3) In the New Appointment dialog box, select the class from the Service drop down list
(4) The Max Capacity for your class / event will auto-fill based on your service settings. You can adjust the capacity for the specific class/event you are making available, if needed.
(5) Click Save
Note: You can have classes repeat daily, weekly or monthly. In the picture above, we have a class that repeats each Monday for 10 weeks.
Method 2: Offering classes wherever you have availability on your schedule
You can let clients "create" classes themselves any time you have availability on your schedule. This allows class times to be available more similar to standard appointment scheduling.
Note: Clients will not be able to create classes outside of your set availability ("work hours").
(1) Go to Settings > Services / Classes / Events
(2a) Click Edit next to an existing service; or
(2b) Click Add Service to create a new service
(3) Scroll down to the Class section
(4) Click the No button to change it to Yes
(5) Set the Max capacity of the class
(6) Check the box next to "New classes can also be created by clients"
(7) Click Save at the bottom of the page
Clients will see available class times in the same fashion as standard one-on-one appointment times.
Note: Further define your class availability by setting specific appointment times for your class service.
When a class or event is full
When the max capacity of a class time has been booked, that time will no longer appear in the scheduler.
keywords: class, service, event, group, workshop, multiple people, appointment, max capacity, availability, calendar