You can set repeating appointments for clients on your Calendar. You can also set repeating classes to quickly make those times available to clients on a regular basis.
Contents in this article:
- Important note about repeating appointments and classes
- Setting a repeating appointment
- Repeating classes
- Upcoming appointments list in client history
Important note about repeating appointments and classes
Repeating appointments can only be set on your end as a provider directly on your calendar. Clients cannot create their own repeating appointments online, but they can join single occurrences of a repeating class online.
This allows you to consult with your client on the best time to set a repeating appointment or class. It also prevents someone from accidentally filling all of your availability.
Setting a repeating appointment
(1) Go to the Calendar
(2) Click on the date and time you'd like to set the first appointment
(3) In the New Appointment dialog, select the Service for your appointment
(4) On the Repeats drop-down menu, select the type you'd like to set: daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly
(5) On the Repeat every drop-down menu, select how frequent you would like to repeat the appointment:
Daily - Between 1 and 30 days
"1 day" repeats everyday, "2 days" repeats every other day, "3 days" repeats every 3 days, and so on.
Weekly - Between 1 and 52 weeks
"1 week" repeats every week, "2 weeks" repeats every other week (biweekly), "3 weeks" repeats every 3 weeks (triweekly), and so on.
(a) Weekly Repeat on - Check the boxes to make days part of the repeating series; the box corresponding to the day of the first appointment will already be checked
Monthly - Between 1 and 30 months
"1 month" repeats every month, "2 months" repeats every other month (bimonthly), "3 months" repeats every 3 months (quarterly), and so on.
(a) Monthly Repeat on - Choose the same day of the week each month (e.g. "2nd Thursday of the month") or the same day each month (e.g. "9th day of the month")
Yearly - Between 1 and 30 years
"1 year" repeats every year (annual), "2 years" repeats every other year (biennially), "3 years" repeats every 3 years (triennially), and so on.
(6) With Ends, select when your repeating appointments will stop from three options:
- Never - Repeating appointment will never end
- Occurrences - Repeating appointment will end after the number of occurrences you specify
- On - Repeating appointment will end on the date you select. Click the radio button and then click in the white box to select the end date.
(7a) Add a Client for the appointment by searching for the client's name; or
(7b) Click the New Client button to add a client who is not already on your list
(8) Add any Appointment Notes
(9) Click Save
You can add repeating classes to your calendar in the same fashion as an appointment by selecting the class as your Service.
Learn more about classes here.
Unlike a standard appointment, you do not have to add a client to set a class on your calendar. Repeating classes can be set without adding a client.
Adding a client to a class while setting it to repeat will place the client in all occurrences of that class. It is recommended you create the repeating class first and then add clients.
Upcoming appointments list in client history
The list of upcoming appointments on a client record will only show the next 10 occurrences for any repeating series of appointments. As an appointment in the series is completed, another one (if there is one) is added to the list.
keywords: repeating, recurring, repeating appointment, repeating appointments, recurring appointment, recurring appointments, series, repeating class, repeating classes, class, classes, recurring class, recurring classes