The payments feature lets you charge a credit card automatically when a client books an appointment.
You can learn how to set up payments here.
Contents in this article:
- Payment options
- Payment settings
- Viewing payments on the calendar
- Viewing payments on the appointment
- Viewing payment details in Stripe
We work with Stripe to process online payments. Read more about Stripe here.
When set up, Schedulista accepts online payments by major credit and debit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, JCB, and Discover.
Coupons, vouchers, or gift cards are not available or accepted for payment.
With payments set up, you'll have three settings options:
- Require payment and capture card - Clients will be required to pay when scheduling and their card details will be stored on file in your Stripe account
- Capture credit card - Clients will be required to enter credit card information to schedule their appointment but will not be charged at that time. Card details will be stored on file in your Stripe account to potentially charge the card at a later time. Useful to charge cancellation or no-show fees.
- Don't ask for credit card - Clients will not be asked for credit card information to schedule their appointment
When you or a client cancels an upcoming appointment, the payment will be automatically refunded to the client.
Note: You can limit client cancellations by configuring your cancellation policy.
Viewing payments on the calendar
When a client schedules an appointment with a payment, you will see a payment icon ($) on the appointment tile.
If you hover over the appointment, you will also the payment amount.
Note: The hover feature may not be available in some internet browsers on touchscreen devices.
Viewing payments on the appointment
If you click on the appointment tile and summon the Edit Appointment dialog, you will see payment information within the client summary area.
Viewing payment details in Stripe
There is an external link icon (box with an arrow pointing to the upper right corner) to the right of the payment information. If you click on the icon it will take you directly to the related record in your Stripe account.
keywords: payment, payments, credit card, debit card, scheduling, Stripe, refund, overview, coupon, voucher, gift card