Schedulista is designed to take scheduling off of your hands and allow your clients to book with you online 24/7. You are also able to set appointments for clients directly on your calendar, if needed.
When available in your country, you can take payments from clients through the online scheduler. You may also need to take payment when setting an appointment for a client on your calendar. This can help.
We work with Stripe to offer the ability to take payments online. Once your Stripe account is connected, you can require clients to pay when they book, use credit card capture to secure appointments, or not ask for a card.
Charging an existing client
If you are setting an appointment for a client who has previously booked with you, you can charge their card on file through Stripe for payment.
To charge the client:
(1) Set the appointment on your calendar
(2) Click the appointment on your calendar to open/edit it
(3) Click the Edit button next to the client's name and contact information
(4) On the client record, locate the Card on file
(5) Click the view link to open the client's customer record on your Stripe account
Note: if you are not already signed into your Stripe account, they
will ask you to sign in.
(6) On the Stripe customer record, go to the Payments section and click the Create link
(7) In the Create a new payment dialog, you can adjust the type of currency you want to charge the client, if needed.
Note: This should default to the main currency of the country where
your business is located.
(8) Enter the Amount you wish to charge
(9) Confirm that this is the card on file you wish to charge, if there is more than one card on the customer's record
(10) (optional) Update the way the charge will be listed on your client's credit card statement. By default, Stripe will use your business name.
(11) (optional) Enter a Description of the service being purchased
Our typical format is "[client name] scheduled a [service name]." (ex. Felix Livni scheduled a Swedish Massage.)
Note: This description will appear on a receipt email sent to the
(12) Click the Create payment button to process the payment
Stripe may ask you to re-enter your account password to authorize the charge.
Charging a new client
In regard to payment, rather than set the appointment for a new client directly on your calendar, we recommend using the online scheduler to book the appointment as if you were the client.
This will allow you to add the client's credit card information, which will be saved on file on your Stripe account and associated with their client record in Schedulista when the appointment is booked.
If you require payment online, the client will be charged immediately. If you use credit card capture, you'll be able to charge the client's card on file through your Stripe account.
keywords: charging client, charging card, payment, take payment, calendar, appointment, set appointment