When using the credit card capture option, captured cards are securely stored with Stripe. A captured card is not automatically charged.
You'll need to open the client's customer record in your Stripe account dashboard to charge their captured card for services, cancellation fees, or no-show fees.
Charging a captured card
You can access your client's customer record in Stripe through an link in the full details of their Schedulista client record.
(1a) On the Clients tab, click the edit button next to the client record to bring up the full details; or
(1b) Open the client's appointment on your Calendar, and click the edit button next to the client's contact information for their full details
(2) In the Edit Client dialog, click on the view link next to the credit card on file to be redirected to the Stripe customer record
Note: if you are not logged into your Stripe account, it will prompt you to log in. Once logged in, click the "view" link in Schedulista one more time to open up to the client's customer record in Stripe.
(3) On the Stripe customer record, go to the Payments section and click the Create link
(4) In the Create a new payment dialog, you can adjust the type of currency you want to charge the client, if needed.
Note: This should default to the main currency of the country where your business is located.
(5) Enter the Amount you wish to charge
(6) Confirm that this is the card on file you wish to charge, if more than one card is on the customer's record
(7) (optional) Update the way the charge will be listed on your client's credit card statement. By default, Stripe will use your business name.
(8) Enter a Description of the service being purchased
Our typical format is "[client name] scheduled a [service name]." (ex. Felix Livni scheduled a Swedish Massage.)
Note: This description will appear on a receipt email sent to the client.
(9) Click the Create payment button to process the payment
Stripe may ask you to re-enter your account password to authorize the charge.