Schedulista works with Stripe to offer the ability to take payments online. Once your Stripe account is connected, you can require clients to pay when they book, use credit card capture to secure appointments, or not ask for a card.
When using the credit card capture option, captured cards are securely stored with Stripe. A captured card is not automatically charged when the client books.
You'll need to open the client's customer record in your Stripe account dashboard to charge their captured card for services, cancellation fees, or other charges. If a client has a captured card on file, you can charge a no-show fee while cancelling the appointment and marking it as a no-show.
Note about credit card capture
To capture a credit or debit card, Stripe verifies that the card number is genuine and that the card has not expired. Like all payment processors, Stripe cannot verify if a card has sufficient funds unless the card is charged for payment and the payment is authorized.
Charging a captured card
You can access your client's customer record in Stripe through a link in the full details of their Schedulista client record.
Note: Charging a captured card can currently only be done on the web and not through the mobile app.
(1a) On the Clients tab, click the edit button next to the client record to bring up the full details; or
(1b) Open the client's appointment on your Calendar, and click the edit button next to the client's contact information for their full details
(2) In the Edit Client dialog, click on the view link next to the credit card on file to be redirected to the Stripe customer record
Note: if you are not logged into your Stripe account, it will prompt you to log in.
(3) On the Stripe customer record, go to the Payments section and click the Create link
(4) In the Create a new payment dialog, you can adjust the type of currency you want to charge the client, if needed.
Note: This should default to the main currency of the country where your business is located.
(5) Enter the Amount you wish to charge
(6) Confirm that this is the card on file you wish to charge, if there is more than one card on the customer's record
(7) (optional) Update the way the charge will be listed on your client's credit card statement. By default, Stripe will use your business name.
(8) (optional) Enter a Description of the service being purchased
Our typical format is "[client name] scheduled a [service name]." (ex. Felix Livni scheduled a Swedish Massage.)
Note: This description will appear on a receipt email sent to the client.
(9) Click the Create payment button to process the payment
Stripe may ask you to re-enter your account password to authorize the charge.
keywords: charge, charging, charge a card, card on file, no-show, late cancellation, fee, fees, payment, capture, captured, credit card, debit card, Stripe