Schedulista provides online appointment scheduling software for your business or organization to allow your clients to book with you 24/7. We support a number of integrations with other software and services to aid with your business.
We offer the ability to take payments online through integration with Stripe. Once your Stripe account is setup and connected, you will be able to accept payments by credit and debit card when clients book online.
Step 1 - Connecting your Schedulista account with Stripe
Create and connect your Stripe account to your Schedulista account. If you already have a Stripe account, follow steps here to complete your setup.
(1) On the web app: Go to Settings > Payments
On the mobile app (version 7.3 and above): Tap on Payments via Stripe under the Configure section on the Settings tab
(2) Click or tap the Connect with Stripe button
(3) On the Stripe activation page, enter your email address. Then, click or tap Continue
(4) Enter a password for your Stripe account. Then, click or tap Continue
(5) Enter your mobile number to have Stripe text you a security code. Then, click or tap Send text
(6) Enter the 6-digit security code from the text
(7) You will be provided a one-time account security backup code. This code can be used to gain access to your account if you are unable to do so. Click or tap Download code to save it or Copy code to be able to paste it in a notepad or some other tool. Then, click or tap Next.
(8) Follow the next steps to fill in the basic information about your business and the bank account you'd like to connect to transfer funds.
For tax reporting purposes, Stripe requires a tax ID number (TIN). The type of TIN required varies depending on your country's tax authority and the type of business you own. If you don't have a business tax ID number (i.e., an Employer Identification Number or EIN in the U.S.), you may be asked to provide a personal tax ID number, such as your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) in the U.S.
There may be additional business verification information Stripe requires after your account has been set up.
(9) Stripe will send an authentication email to the email address you set for your Stripe account login. You must click the link in the email to authenticate your Stripe account to keep it active. Without authenticating your account, you will not be able to take payments.
Step 2 - Setting the global payment option for services
Only one payment option can be set on a service at a time. The global payment option is the default that applies to all services on your business account. You can also override the global payment setting to set a different payment option for a specific service.
After you sign up with Stripe, you will be redirected back to the Payments (via Stripe) settings page in Schedulista. Your Stripe account is now connected.
The next step is to select your default payment setting for all services.
(1) Select your payment setting from the drop-down menu:
Require payment and capture card
Capture credit card
Don't ask for credit card
(2) Click or tap Save to enable your global payment setting
On the mobile app: scroll to the top of the page and tap Done to return to the Settings tab.
Step 3 - Setting prices on services for required payments
If you require payment: You must set prices for your services to have the credit card field appear in the online scheduler.
If you use credit card capture: This option does not require prices for your services, but you can add prices if you'd like.
keywords: payment, payments, online payments, credit card, debit card, credit card capture, vault, store, card on file, price, prices, Stripe, payment processing, merchant services, charge, charges, fees