Schedulista provides online appointment scheduling software for your business or organization to allow your clients to book with you 24/7.
It is designed as a service-based appointment scheduler. Services you are offering clients are a basic component of your schedule. Without defining them for your scheduler, clients will not be able to book appointments.
You can easily add services through your account settings.
There are three essential elements needed for a service:
Service name - What the service is called
Duration - The length of the service for appointments
Provider(s) - Who is offering the service
Beyond that, there are additional settings to help you define the type of service, the availability of the service, and information about the service you'd like clients to know.
Adding a service
During your initial account setup, we ask you to create at least one (1) service by service name and duration. After initial setup, you can edit your service(s) in settings to further define them and add more services as needed.
(1) On the web app, go to Settings > Services / Classes / Events
On the mobile app (version 7.3 and above): Tap Services / Classes / Events under the Configure section on the Settings tab
(2) Click or tap Add Service / Class / Event to create a new service
(3) Enter a Service name to identify it for clients
(4) (optional) Set a Price for your service. Price will be in the native currency for the country you set in your Business Details.
Note: A price must be entered to take payments from clients online.
(5) For the Duration, select the length of your service for an appointment
(6) (optional) Adding Setup or Cleanup time creates breaks in between appointments to allow you time to reset for the next appointment or time to travel, if necessary.
Main help article: Setup and cleanup time
(7) (optional) Choose a Category to organize your service under on your service list
Main help article: Organizing your services by category
(8) (optional) Add a service Description to tell clients about your service or offer specific information, such as items necessary for their appointment, the address of a specific event, or deposit information.
(9) In the Providers Offering Service section, check the box next to each provider (user) you want to offer the service to clients
(10) On the web app, click Save to make your service active.
On the mobile app: Tap Save at the bottom of the page, then tap Close at the top to return to the Settings tab
Split appointments (for hairstylists and salons)
Main help article: Split appointments
Split appointments allow stylists with services with a gap to take another appointment in the middle of an appointment. You define the splits and the gap. This feature should be enabled for any business with "hair" or "salon" in its name. If you need this option enabled, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes and events
Main help article: About Classes and Events
Designed for classes, workshops, events, and group bookings. The Class feature allows multiple people to be able to schedule for the same appointment time.
Main help article: Private services
A private service is one that is hidden from your regular public scheduler. Clients schedule the service through a unique private link.
Limited time events
Main help article: Limited time events
To make your service available to schedule for a short period of time. You define the start date and end date of the limited time event, between which clients can book available times.
Main help article: Daily Deal - How to require coupon codes for services like Groupon
Set a field for a coupon redemption code for daily deal services like Groupon and Living Social.
Custom form fields
Main help article: About Custom Fields
You can add custom fields to the booking details form in the online scheduler to ask clients for additional information while booking. You can also add custom notices to the book form to provide more information on your business, scheduling, booking, policies, or services.
Main help article: Payments Overview
If you decide to take payments from clients online, you can set the option to require payment, capture the credit card, or not ask for a card for this specific service.
keywords: service, add, create, duration, provider, offer, price, category, description, split appointment, class, limited time offer, private service, daily deal