Contents in this article:
- Step 1 - Setting your work hours
- Step 2 - Setting personal appointment to split the day
- What you'll see on your calendar
As an example, let's say you work a split day with a block between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon and one between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
Step 1 - Setting your work hours
First, you'll set your work hours for the days you work for a full day starting at 9:00 am and ending at 6:00 am.
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right
(3) Select Work Hours from the menu
(4) Set your work hours to start at 9:00 am and end at 6:00 pm
(5) Click Save
Step 2 - Setting personal appointments to split the day
(1) On the calendar in the Week or Day view, click on the 12:00 pm time slot to bring up the New Appointment dialog box
(2) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(3) Select 3 hours from the Duration drop-down menu
(4) For the Repeats field, select Weekly from the drop-down menu
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeats on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week: Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(c) For the Ends section, leave Never selected
(5) (optional) Type a note like "Split Day" or "Unavailable" in the Appointment Notes text field
(6) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your split time in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
keywords: schedule, availability, work hours, personal appointments, repeating personal appointments, block out time, split shift, split day, calendar