You can set a future work hour change, like seasonal hours, by using personal appointments. Clients can then schedule appointments based on the upcoming available hours.
Contents in this article:
- Setting a future work schedule
- Step 1 - Setting work hours
- Step 2 - Setting personal appointments
Setting a future work schedule
If you plan on setting different availability in the future, this is best accomplished by setting your work hours for as broad availability as possible. Then, personal appointments can be used to define your future work hours.
Step 1 - Setting work hours
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) Click the gear icon in the upper right
(3) Select Work Hours from the menu
(4) Set the earliest time you'd start each day and the latest time you'd end each day
Note: If your current availability is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and your future availability will be 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, you would set your start time at 8:00 am and your end time at 7:00 pm.
(5) Click Save
Step 2 - Setting personal appointments
(1) Click on the date & time you'd like to start blocking out time to set your future start time
(2) In the New Appointment dialog, leave Personal selected as the service
(3) Select the Duration of the personal appointment from the drop-down menu
(4) For the Repeats field, select Weekly from the drop-down menu
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeat on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week: Monday (M), Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(c) For the Ends section, select the On option and choose the date the work hours would end
(5)(optional) Type something in the Appointment Notes text field to identify the blocks
(6) Click Save
(7) Repeat Steps 1 - 6 to set your future end time
Your regular schedule is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. In the summer months from June to September (December to March in the Southern Hemisphere), you'd like your hours to be from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. You would set your work hours to start at 8:00 am and end at 7:00 pm.
Starting on January 1 and ending on May 31, You would set a 2-hour weekly repeating personal appointment from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Note: You can name the personal appointment "Off" or "Off Hours" (or something similar) in the Appointment Notes to differentiate the appointments
From June 1 to August 31, you would set a 2-hour weekly repeating personal appointment from 8:00 am to 10:00 am Monday through Friday.
Then, from September 1 through December 31, you'd return to your original schedule and block off 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Clients would see available appointment times between 8 - 5 from January to May, available appointment times between 10 - 7 from June to August, and available appointment times between 8- - 5 from September to December.
keywords: changing schedule, week to week, future work hours, work hours, managing