Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the web dashboard, as well as the Schedulista mobile app.
You can set repeating personal appointments to block off time for recurring events like lunches and breaks.
Blocking out lunches or breaks
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) In the Week or Day view, click on a time block on the first day to start the breaks. This brings up the New Appointment dialog box.
As an example, we'll select 1:00 pm for a one-hour lunch each day worked.
(3) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(4) Select the Duration from the drop-down menu
For the example, we'll choose 1 hour.
(5) Choose the type from the Repeats field:
- Daily - Repeats every day, every other day, every third day, etc.
- Weekly - Repeats every week, every other week, every third week, etc., on days of the week selected
- Monthly - Repeats every month, every other month, every third month, etc., on the same date (3rd of the month) or the same day of the month (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Yearly - Repeats every year, every other year, every third year, etc.
For the example, select Weekly
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeat on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week: Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(6) For the Ends section, select an option:
- Never - Appointment will repeat indefinitely
- After [X] occurrences - Appointments end after a set number
- On - Appointment end on a specified date
For the example, leave Never selected
(7) (optional) Enter a title for the breaks in the Appointment Notes text field (ex. Lunch)
(8) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your lunch or break in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.