Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the web dashboard, as well as the Schedulista mobile app.
You can set repeating personal appointments to block off time longer than a single or few days.
Uses for blocking long-term time off
- Extended travel
- Maternity or paternity leave
- Extended leaves of absence
- Businesses just starting online scheduling can block out time before beginning offering services
Blocking out long-term time off
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) In the Week or Day view, click on a time slot at the start of the first day of your needed time off. This brings up the New Appointment dialog box.
As an example, we'll select 9:00 am on December 24th as the start
(3) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(4) Select the Duration from the drop-down menu
For the example, we'll choose 8 hours to cover the full work day.
(5) Choose the type from the Repeats field:
- Daily - Repeats every day, every other day, every third day, etc.
- Weekly - Repeats every week, every other week, every third week, etc., on days of the week selected
- Monthly - Repeats every month, every other month, every third month, etc., on the same date (3rd of the month) or the same day of the month (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Yearly - Repeats every year, every other year, every third year, etc.
For the example, select Weekly
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeat on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week: Monday (M), Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(6) For the Ends section, select an option:
- Never - Appointment will repeat indefinitely
- After [X] occurrences - Appointments end after a set number
- On - Appointment end on a specified date
For the example, select the On option and click on the white field to select an end date from the calendar that appears
(7) (optional) Enter a title for the breaks in the Appointment Notes text field (ex. Vacation or Holiday)
(8) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your time off appointments in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.