Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the Schedulista mobile app, as well as on the web dashboard.
After your work hours are set, you can block off time on your schedule for recurring events like lunches or breaks by setting repeating personal appointments through the mobile app. This allows you to set something once without having to go to each individual day or week.
You can also set lunches and breaks on the web dashboard.
Blocking out lunches or breaks
As an example, say you want to block out a one-hour lunch between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm every day that you work.
(1) On the calendar, tap on a 12:00 pm time slot
(2) Select Personal in the Create Appointment dialog
(3) Tap Repeats to turn on the function
(4) Tap Repeats every week to adjust the repeat settings
(5) On the repeat settings page, select each of the days of the week you work
After selecting the days, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(6) Tap Ends never to set when you'd like the repeating appointments to end
- Ends Never - Repeats continue indefinitely until you stop them
- Ends After - Set a specific number of repeating appointments
- Ends On Date - Set a specific end date for repeats
After selecting an end option, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(7) (optional) Tap the Notes section to enter "Lunch" or "Break" to identify the appointments
(8) Tap Save
Make changes to lunches or breaks
Once a repeating series is set, you can reschedule or remove individual personal appointments or the whole series. Tap on the appointment on your mobile app calendar to make a change.
When you make the change, you'll be prompted if you want to apply it only to that personal appointment or that and all future appointments in the repeating series.
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your lunch or break in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
- Mobile app: About Managing Availability
- Mobile app: About Personal Appointments
- Mobile app: Tune your availability with repeating personal appointments
- Mobile app: Splitting work days/shifts
- Mobile app: Blocking out long-term time off
- Mobile app: Managing changing weekly schedules
- Mobile app: Setting up future work schedules