Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the web dashboard, as well as the Schedulista mobile app.
You can set repeating personal appointments to block off recurring time to split work days or shifts.
Splitting work days/shifts
You can split work days/shifts in two parts: setting work hours and setting repeating personal appointments to split.
Part 1 - Setting your work hours
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right
As an example, we'll set work hours for a full day starting at 9:00 am and ending at 6:00 pm.
(3) Select Work Hours from the menu
(4) Set the start and end of work hours
For the example, it starts at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm
(5) Click Save
Part 2 - Setting personal appointments to split the day
(1) In the Week or Day view, click on a time block on the first day to start the breaks. This brings up the New Appointment dialog box.
As an example, we'll select 12:00 pm to split the day into a 9-12 shift and a 3-6 shift.
(2) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(3) Select the Duration from the drop-down menu
For the example, we'll choose 3 hours.
(4) Choose the type from the Repeats field:
- Daily - Repeats every day, every other day, every third day, etc.
- Weekly - Repeats every week, every other week, every third week, etc., on days of the week selected
- Monthly - Repeats every month, every other month, every third month, etc., on the same date (3rd of the month) or the same day of the month (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Yearly - Repeats every year, every other year, every third year, etc.
For the example, select Weekly
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeats on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week:
Monday (M), Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(5) For the Ends section, select an option:
- Never - Appointment will repeat indefinitely
- After [X] occurrences - Appointments end after a set number
- On - Appointment end on a specified date
For the example, leave Never selected
(6) (optional) Enter a title for the breaks in the Appointment Notes text field (ex. "Split Day" or "Unavailable")
(7) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your split time in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.