Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the web dashboard, as well as the Schedulista mobile app.
After your work hours are set, you can block off time on your schedule to split your work days into shifts by setting repeating personal appointments through the mobile app.
You can also split your work days through the mobile app.
As an example, let's say you work a split day with a block between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon and one between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
Step 1 - Setting your work hours
First, you'll set your work hours for the days you work for a full day starting at 9:00 am and ending at 6:00 am.
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right
As an example, we'll set work hours for a full day starting at 9:00 am and ending at 6:00 pm.
(3) Select Work Hours from the menu
(4) Set the start and end of work hours
For the example, it starts at 9:00 am and ends at 6:00 pm
(5) Click Save
Step 2 - Setting personal appointments to split the day
(1) In the Week or Day view, click on a time block on the first day to start the breaks. This brings up the New Appointment dialog box.
As an example, we'll select 12:00 pm to split the day into a 9-12 shift and a 3-6 shift.
(2) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(3) Select the Duration from the drop-down menu
For the example, we'll choose 3 hours.
(4) Choose the type from the Repeats field:
- Daily - Repeats every day, every other day, every third day, etc.
- Weekly - Repeats every week, every other week, every third week, etc., on days of the week selected
- Monthly - Repeats every month, every other month, every third month, etc., on the same date (3rd of the month) or the same day of the month (2nd Thursday of the month)
- Yearly - Repeats every year, every other year, every third year, etc.
For the example, select Weekly
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeats on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week:
Monday (M), Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(5) For the Ends section, select an option:
- Never - Appointment will repeat indefinitely
- After [X] occurrences - Appointments end after a set number
- On - Appointment end on a specified date
For the example, leave Never selected
(6) (optional) Enter a title for the breaks in the Appointment Notes text field (ex. "Split Day" or "Unavailable")
(7) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your split time in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
Appointment times for split shifts
If you use a scheduling interval for your appointment times, the frequency begins at the start of your work hours for the day. You may need the interval pattern to change after the split in your day.
For example, if your interval is every 1 hour and your work hours start at 8:30 am, clients see appointment times at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, etc. If the day were split to a shift from 8:30-12:30 and a shift from 4:00-8:00, clients would see appointment times at 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, and possibly 7:30 depending on the service duration.
To make appointment times available every 1 hour starting at 4:00 pm for the second shift, you'll need to set specific appointment times rather than use the interval. You would set the specific times for 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00.
You can set specific times for all services or by specific service.