The Schedulista mobile app for iPhone and Android is a companion to our web services to help manage your business and availability on the go.
Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by blocking time out of your schedule with personal appointments. You can manage your availability through the Schedulista mobile app, as well as on the web dashboard.
Uses for blocking long-term time off
Maternity or paternity leave
Extended leaves of absence
Businesses just starting online scheduling can block out time before beginning offering services
Contents: Blocking out long-term time off • Make changes to long-term time off • What you'll see on your calendar
After your work hours are set, you can block off time on your schedule to take time off that is longer than a single or few days by setting repeating personal appointments through the mobile app. This allows you to set something once without having to go to each individual day or week to take time off.
You can also block out long-term time off on the web dashboard.
Blocking out long-term time off
As an example, you work 9-5, you are taking a vacation / holiday at the end of the year starting on December 24th, and will not be available to accept appointments during this time.
(1) On the calendar, tap on a 9:00 am time slot
(2) Select Personal in the Create Appointment dialog
(3) Tap Duration to change the length of the appointment to at least 8 hours to cover your full work day
(4) Tap Repeats to turn on the function
(5) Tap Repeats every week to adjust the repeat settings
(6) On the repeat settings page, tap Repeats weekly to adjust the type
(7) On the repeat type page, select daily
After selecting the type, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(8) Tap Ends never to set the end of your vacation
(9) Select Ends on Date to set the date the repeats end
After selecting an end option, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(10) (optional) Tap the Notes section to enter "Vacation" or "Holiday" to identify the appointments
(11) Tap Save
Making changes to long-term time off
Once a repeating series is set, you can reschedule or remove individual personal appointments or the whole series. Tap on the appointment on your mobile app calendar to make a change.
When you make the change, you'll be prompted if you want to apply it only to that personal appointment or that and all future appointments in the repeating series.
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your time off appointments in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
Mobile app: Managing changing weekly schedules
Mobile app: Setting up future work schedules