Availability is the amount of time on your schedule you wish to offer services to your clients. Schedulista is designed to support a regular weekly work schedule, but you are able to adjust your availability by day and block time out of your schedule.
Once your availability is set, you can define appointment times during your work hours through your online dashboard. Learn more about defining times here.
Contents in this article:
- Note about work hours
- Set your regular work schedule
- Per day work hours (Flex time overrides)
- Block out time with personal appointments
Note about work hours
Work hours are your range of availability and not necessarily your office hours. Clients do not see your work hours on the scheduler. They see available appointment times based on your set work hours.
For example, your office hours might be 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, but you might regularly take an appointment at 5:00 pm that lasts past your office hours. You'll want to set your work hours to support the appointment time and the duration of that appointment.
If you offer a 5:00 pm appointment time for a 1 hour service, you'll want to set your work hours to end at 6:00 pm.
Set your regular work schedule
To adjust your work hours in the new mobile app, you can do the following:
(1) Tap on the Calendar Settings icon in the upper left corner (iPhone) or the upper right corner next to the Plus (+) sign (Android)
(2) In the Availability section on the Calendar Settings page, tap on the Regular work hours section
(3) Tap on which day you would like to adjust
(4) Tap on the From time to set the start of your work hours
(5) Adjust your time and tap Done
(6) Tap on the To time to set the end of your work hours
(7) Adjust your time and tap Done
(8) Tap the back arrow at the upper left to go back to the Work Hours list
(9) (optional) Repeat Steps 3 to 8 for each day you'd like to adjust
Note: You can select whether or not you want to make a day regularly open each week by tapping on the Open toggle at the top of the page.
(10) Once you've adjusted all of the days you need, tap Save
Per day work hours (Flex time overrides)
More information: Flex time/daily overrides in the mobile app
More information: Flex time/daily overrides on the dashboard
Flex time is an override that allows you to adjust your work hours/availability for a specific day.
This is useful for:
- changing your work hours for a single day without affecting your standard work hours
- opening availability for a day that was previously closed
- taking a day off
Read more information how to set the flex time override directly on your calendar here.
Block out time with personal appointments
More information: Personal appointments in the mobile app
More information: Repeating personal appointments in the mobile app
"Personal" appointments block time out of your schedule when you are unavailable to offer services.
You can block out time for breaks or lunch; for staff or management meetings; for personal engagements (doctor's appointments, sports games, etc.); and more.
Read more information how to set personal appointments directly on your calendar here.
Repeating personal appointments
You can also block out repeating blocks of of time for things like vacations, leaves of absence, split work days, and more.
Learn more about setting repeating personal appointments through the mobile app to block recurring or long time off out of your schedule here.
keywords: mobile app, schedule, availability, work hours, appointment times, personal, take day off, block out time, flex time, override, calendar