Schedulista provides a number of key direct integrations to aid with your business management around your service appointments. These include:
You can also connect Schedulista to other software using our webhook API to automatically share certain appointment information when an appointment is booked. A webhook API is a one-way share; Schedulista will not receive information from other software through the webhook.
You can directly connect using a webhook URL from the other software, if available, or using a third-party connection/integration service like Zapier.
Zapier is a service that allows you to connect other web services and apps you use to create automated tasks and workflows. Using Zapier, you can send appointment information from Schedulista to another software when the appointment is booked.
Zapier is a separate third-party service and may require its own paid subscription for various features that it offers.
You can read more on Zapier here.
Terms used in Zapier
Zap - An automated workflow between apps in Zapier
Trigger - An event in an app that starts the zap
Action - An event in another app that completes the zap
Task - Each piece of data run through a zap
How does Schedulista connect through Zapier
Schedulista is not currently available as an app through Zapier. We supply a webhook API that can trigger a zap using the Webhooks by Zapier app.
An application programming interface (API) allows two pieces of software to communicate with each other.
The webhook API must be enabled for your account to work. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your webhook API be enabled.
You can read more on the webhook API here.
Setting up a Schedulista trigger in Zapier
As of May 2023, once the webhook API is enabled for your account, you can set up Step 1 of your zap, the trigger, by doing the following:
(1) Create or sign into your Zapier account
(2) Click the Create Zap button on your dashboard
(3) For the Trigger field, select the Webhooks by Zapier app. If you don't see the app listed in the suggested apps, do a search for the app
(4) From the Event drop-down menu, select Catch Hook, the click Continue
(5) For the Trigger, you don't need to add anything to the Pick off a Child Key field; just click Continue
(6) Click the Copy button to copy the webhook URL in the field
(7) In another tab or window, sign into your Schedulista account and go to the Business Details settings page
(8) Under the Webhook section, paste the Zapier webhook URL in the URL field
(8) Click Save
(9) Book a test appointment through your Schedulista scheduler
Use the Preview Scheduler option from your dashboard; or
Use your scheduling page; or
Use the scheduler embedded on your website
(10) Back in Zapier, click the Test trigger button to run a test of the webhook
You should receive the We found a request! notice with the payload from the webhook listed below it. If not, click back on each step of the trigger to set again.
Your trigger should now be set. Click Continue and follow through the next steps to set the Action for your zap to connect Schedulista to the app you want.
keywords: API, webhook, Zapier, zap, trigger, action, task, connect