Setting up your Mailchimp account first
(1) Sign up for your Mailchimp account here
Mailchimp is free if you meet the following criteria:
- Have up to 2000 clients ("contacts")
- Send no more than 10,000 emails per month (2000 emails daily limit)
Learn more about the features of the free account and compare to Mailchimp's paid services here.
(2) You must then set up a Mailchimp mailing list.
(3) Once you've created your mailing list, you'll want to generate your API key. An application programming interface (API) allows software to communicate with other software. An API key is a unique identifier that tells either software which specific account they are working with.
You can read more on generating an API key from Mailchimp on that here.
More information: About Mailchimp Integration
Our integration with Mailchimp allows you to sync your Schedulista client list with a single mailing list on your Mailchimp account.
(1) Go to Settings > Email Marketing; or
Note: You can also click on the gear icon in the upper right on the Clients tab, and then select Sync with MailChimp from the menu
(2) Enter your Mailchimp API key in the field
(3) Click Connect
(4) From the Choose List drop-down menu, select the mailing list from your Mailchimp account you want to sync
(5) Select which type of sync you'd like:
- Two-way sync to and from Mailchimp
- One-way sync (import) from Mailchimp
- One-way sync (export) to Mailchimp
(6) (optional) Check the box next to Keep up to date to have the sync run automatically each night (recommended)
Set for Keep up to date, the sync will automatically occur every day at around 10pm your time to update any changes, additions, and deletions for that day.
(7) Click Save
You can also manually push a sync if you need to update information immediately.