Setting up your Mailchimp account first
(1) Sign up for your Mailchimp account here
As of September 2022, Mailchimp is free if you meet the following criteria:
Have up to 500 clients ("contacts")
Send no more than 2500 emails per month (500 emails daily limit)
Learn more about the features of the free account and compare to Mailchimp's paid services here.
(2) You must then set up a Mailchimp mailing list ("audience").
(3) Once you've created your audience, you'll need to generate your API key.
An application programming interface (API) allows software to
communicate with other software. An API key is a unique identifier
that tells either software which specific account they are working
You can read more on generating an API key from Mailchimp here.
Our integration with Mailchimp allows you to sync your Schedulista client list with a single mailing list on your Mailchimp account.
(1) On the web app: Go to Settings > Email Marketing via Mailchimp
Note: You can also click on the gear icon in the upper right on the Clients tab, and then select Sync with MailChimp from the menu
On the mobile app (version 7.3 or above): Tap on Email Marketing via Mailchimp under the Connect section on the Settings tab
(2) Enter your Mailchimp API key in the field
(3) Click or tap Connect
Note: If you have multiple Schedulista business accounts, you can
connect to the same Mailchimp account using the same API key on
multiple business accounts.
(4) From the Choose List drop-down menu, select the audience from your Mailchimp account you want to sync
Note: Only one audience can be synced to a Schedulista business
account at one time. If you have multiple Schedulista business
accounts, you can connect to the same audience on multiple accounts.
(5) Select which type of sync you'd like:
Two-way sync to and from Mailchimp
One-way sync (import) from Mailchimp
One-way sync (export) to Mailchimp
Note: Syncing to and from Mailchimp or just importing from Mailchimp
will automatically create client records for Mailchimp contacts that
don't already have a Schedulista client record associated with their
(6) (optional) Check the box next to Keep up to date to have the sync run automatically each night (recommended)
The sync will automatically occur every day at around 10pm your time to update any changes, additions, and deletions for that day.
If the Keep up to date box is not checked, the sync will not automatically occur. You would need to manually push a sync.
(7) On the web app: Click Save
On the mobile app: Tap Save, then tap Done on the top right to return to the Settings tab
You can also manually push a sync if you need to update information immediately.