Schedulista sends confirmation emails, as well as reminder emails and optional text (SMS) reminders, when clients book online or when you set an appointment for a client directly on your calendar.
Benefits of client appointment notifications
- Confirmation emails present a record to the client that their appointment has been booked
- Email and text (SMS) reminders provide multiple opportunities to remind clients of appointments to help reduce no-shows
- Emails and text reminders offer the clients the chance to cancel or reschedule their appointment, if needed
What clients are sent for each appointment
- Confirmation email: Always for clients who book online; sent to any client for which you set an appointment directly on your calendar, if you have their email address on file
- Reminder email: Same as the confirmation email, depending on how far in advance the appointment is booked online or set on your calendar
- Text (SMS) reminders (optional): Up to two (2) reminders, depending on your settings and how far in advance the appointment is booked online or set on your calendar.
Clients who book online through Schedulista are required to enter their email address and phone number. They can opt to receive the text (SMS) reminders while booking.
For appointments you set for clients directly on your calendar, make sure you get the relevant contact information from the client for the kinds of notifications they'd like to receive. With their permission, you can opt for clients to receive the text (SMS) reminders for the appointments you set for them.
The emails offer the basic information for a client's appointment, including the service, the provider (if selected), and the date & time of their appointment.
You can add a custom message to the emails to include additional information about the service or your business.
A client will receive an appointment confirmation for their records by email within minutes of booking online or when you set an appointment for them directly on your calendar.
To keep the client aware of their upcoming appointment, a handy reminder email is sent 24 hours before your set cancellation policy deadline. (e.g., Sent 48 hours before their appointment, based on a 24 hour online cancellation policy.)
If your cancellation policy is set for less than 24 hours, we will send the reminder email 24 hours before their appointment.
You can adjust when this email is sent in the Appointment Reminders section on your Communications settings page.
Note: If an appointment is booked in advance in less time than the reminder threshold, the reminder email will not be sent.
Text (SMS) reminders
The text (SMS) reminders offer a quick, simple notification for clients on the go. The single text includes your business name, the date & time of the appointment, and a link to full appointment details.
Note: The text cannot be customized, but any custom message set for the confirmation & reminder emails will appear on the full appointment details linked.
Appointment reminder #1
This first reminder is sent at the same time as the reminder email. This can also be adjusted in the Appointment Reminders section on your Communications settings page.
Note: If an appointment is booked in advance in less time than the reminder threshold, the first text reminder will not be sent.
Appointment reminder #2
This "last minute" reminder is sent the same day as the appointment. When they book, clients can select to receive this reminder 1, 2, or 3 hours prior to their appointment. You will also have these options if you set a client record to receive SMS for the appointments you set for them on your calendar.
- Category: Client Communications
- How do I adjust when appointment reminders are sent to clients?
- How can I add a custom message to appointment confirmation & reminder emails?
- How can clients receive text (SMS) reminders for appointments I set for them?
- How can clients cancel an appointment online?
- How can a client reschedule their appointment online?