In Schedulista, a provider is a user who offers services through the online scheduler and has an active calendar. On a business account with multiple providers, more than one provider can offer a service.
If needed, you can update an appointment to change the provider.
Note about changing providers
When changing providers, the drop-down menu on the appointment will show all providers who offer that service. A provider must be attached to a service to appear in the menu.
If you use the click-and-drag method to change providers, you can move an appointment to any provider's calendar, regardless if they are attached to the service or not.
When an appointment is booked by the client through the online scheduler, the client can select which provider they want to work with. (You can set your account to allow the system to choose the provider.)
There are two methods you can use to change providers on an appointment: Click and drag the appointment from one calendar to another in the Day view; or open/edit the appointment on your calendar.
You can also change providers on the mobile app.
Method 1: Click-and-drag
You must be in the Day view of the calendar to use the click-and-drag method. You can select multiple calendars to view at once in columns side-by-side in the Day view.
(1) Click on and hold the appointment on your calendar
(2) Drag the appointment to another provider's calendar/column
(3) A prompt will ask if you want to send a reschedule notification to the client to let them know of the change. If you choose to, you can also opt to send a personalized custom message to the specific client on the reschedule notification. This will be in addition to any other custom messages you might have set.
(4) Click Save
Method 2: Edit the appointment
(1) Go to the Calendar
(2) Click on the appointment you want to update to open/edit it
(3) Click the Provider drop-down menu
(4) Select a different provider
(5) Click Save
(6) A prompt will ask if you want to send a reschedule/update notification to the client to let them know of the change. If you choose to, you can also opt to send a personalized custom message to the specific client on the notification. This will be in addition to any other custom messages you might have set.
(7) Click Save
keywords: change provider, update provider, move appointment, switch calendar