You can share your Schedulista calendar with other calendars using an iCalendar (iCal) feed. You can turn on your iCal feed through your Schedulista calendar.
Contents in this article:
- What is an iCalendar feed?
- How much appointment data is shared?
- Turning on your iCalendar feed
- Using your iCal feed to share your calendar with other calendar software
What is an iCalendar feed?
iCalendar is a computer file format used to share calendar information between applications. iCalendar is supported by a large number of products, including:
- Google, Yahoo, and other internet calendars
- Microsoft Outlook through local or Microsoft Exchange
- Apple iCal for Macs, iPhones, iPads, and other Apple devices connected to an iCloud account
When active, you will see a web address/URL ending in .ics for your iCal feed.
Sharing your calendar via an iCalendar feed is sometimes called one-way or read-only synchronization. Schedulista appointments can be shared with third-party software, but not the other way around.
If you need two-way synchronization, where third-party appointments are shared and block out time on your Schedulista schedule, you can use the Google Calendar sync.
How much appointment data is shared?
Your Schedulista iCal feed will share the following information with another calendar:
- Client name and appointment service & duration
- Appointments 6 months into the future
- Appointments 2 months into the past
- The next 10 occurrences in any repeating appointment series
- If you have the two-way Google Calendar sync enabled, the Google appointments shared with your Schedulista calendar will also be shared through the iCal feed
For security and privacy, client contact information is not shared.
Turning on your iCalendar feed
Each calendar on your account has its own unique iCal feed. Each must be turned on individually.
(1) Go to the Calendar tab
(2) Click on the gear icon in the upper right
(3) Select Sync Calendar... from the menu
(4) Under the iCal Feed heading, select the On radio button
(5) Copy the highlighted iCalendar feed URL in the new field, or write it down or type it to be used to subscribe to your calendar
Note: We recommend pasting the feed URL into an email and sending it to yourself to open on the device you'd like to subscribe to your calendar on.
(5) Click Save to turn the feed on
Using your iCal feed to share your calendar with other calendar software
Once you've turned your iCal feed on, you can share with other calendar software by the steps linked below.
On iPhone or iPad
We have specific instructions for sharing your calendar with an iPhone or iPad.
On Apple iCal for Mac or iCloud
Learn how to subscribe to your calendar with an Apple iCal (or Calendar) on Mac and for iCloud here.
Learn how to subscribe to your calendar with Microsoft Outlook calendar here.
On Google (one-way share)
Learn how to subscribe to your calendar with web-based Google Calendar here.
Note: For the two-way Google Calendar sync, you can read more here.
Learn how to subscribe to your calendar with web-based Yahoo calendar here.
keywords: calendar, sync, share, one-way, read-only, iCalendar, iCal, feed, Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, Mac, iCloud, iPhone, iPad, Outlook, Outlook.com