Schedulista integrates with Stripe to accept online payments by credit and debit card when clients schedule. Setting up payments gives you three options:
- Require payment and capture card - Lets you charge a credit card automatically when a client books an appointment. Card details are stored on file in your Stripe account.
- Capture credit card - Lets you require a credit card to secure the client's appointment without charging them at that time. Card details are stored on file in your Stripe account to charge the client for services at a later time, or charge them fees for violating your cancellation policy or no-shows, if necessary.
- Don't ask for credit card - Lets you not ask your clients for credit card information to schedule their appointment
If you have a specific service that requires a different payment option than your global payment setting, you can set a service override by editing the specific service.
Contents in this article:
- Overriding payment settings per service
- Settings prices on services (for required payments)
Overriding payment settings per service
(1) Go to Settings > Services / Classes / Events
(2) Click Edit next to the service you are interested in changing
(3) On the service details page, scroll down to the Service Overrides section
(4) Select Override
(5) Choose the payment option for the service from the drop-down menu:
- Require payment and capture card
- Capture credit card
- Don't ask for credit card
(6) Click Save at the bottom of the page
Setting a price on the service (for required payments)
The credit card fields will appear on the scheduling details form page in the scheduler if you select the "capture credit card" option.
To have the credit card fields appear when you require payment, you must set a price for your service in the Price field on the service details page.
Read more on setting service prices here.
keywords: payment, credit card, debit card, credit card capture, stored, Stripe, connect, integration, override, set up, enable