Schedulista integrates with Stripe to accept online payments by credit and debit card when clients schedule. Setting up payments gives you three options:
- Require payment and capture card - Lets you charge a credit card automatically when a client books an appointment. Card details are captured and stored on file in your Stripe account to aid in refunds or if additional charges are needed.
- Capture credit card - Lets you require a credit card to secure the client's appointment without charging them at that time. Card details are captured and stored on file in your Stripe account. You can manually charge the client's card n file for services at a later time, or charge them fees for violating your cancellation policy or no-shows, if necessary.
- Don't ask for credit card - Will not ask clients for credit card information to schedule their appointment
You can set your payment option for all services or an override by specific service.
Contents in this article:
- Step 1 - Connecting Schedulista with Stripe
- Step 2 - Setting your global payment option
- Step 3 - Settings prices on services for required payments
- Overriding payment settings for a specific service
Step 1 - Connecting Schedulista with Stripe
First, you'll need to create and connect your Stripe account to your Schedulista account.
(1) Go to Settings > Payments
(2) Click the Connect with Stripe button
You will be presented with Stripe's sign-up page. You can either:
(3a) Click the Sign in link in the upper right if you already have a Stripe account; or
(3b) Fill out the one-page application to create a new Stripe account
(4) Stripe will send an authentication email to the email address you set for your Stripe account login. Click the link in the email to authenticate your Stripe account and keep it active.
Note: If the email doesn't arrive in your inbox, make sure to check the junk/spam folder. You can also search your email account for Stripe to locate the email.
Step 2 - Setting your global payment option
After you sign up with Stripe, you will be redirected back to the Payments settings page in Schedulista. Your Stripe account will now be connected.
(1) The next step is to select your default payment setting for all services:
- Require payment and capture card
- Capture credit card
- Don't ask for credit card
(2) Click Save to enable your global payment setting
Step 3 - Setting prices on services for required payments
You must set prices for your services to have the credit card field appear in the online scheduler when you require payment. Read more on setting service prices here.
The credit card capture option does not require prices for your services, but you can add the prices if you'd like.
Overriding payment settings for a specific service
You can override credit card settings on a specific service by editing your services. You can read more on setting the payment overrides here.
keywords: payment, credit card, debit card, credit card capture, stored, Stripe, connect, integration, override, set up, enable