Schedulista offers the ability to take payments through integration with Stripe. Once you've connected your existing Stripe account, you will be able to accept payments by credit and debit card when clients book online.
Payment options available
- Require payment and capture card - Client's credit or debit card automatically charged when the appointment is booked. Card details are captured and stored on your Stripe account to aid in refunds, or you can manually charge the card on file if additional charges are needed.
- Capture credit card - Client's credit or debit card is required to secure the appointment but client is not charged at that time. Card details are captured and stored on your Stripe account. You can manually charge the client's card on file for services at a later time, or charge them fees for violating your cancellation policy or no-shows, if necessary.
- Don't ask for credit card - Will not ask clients for credit or debit card information to schedule their appointment
You set up payments in three steps: (1) connecting your Schedulista account with Stripe; (2) setting the global payment option for services; and (3) setting prices on your services for required payments.
You can also override the global payment option to set a different option for a specific service.
Step 1 - Connecting Schedulista with Stripe
Connect your existing Stripe account to your Schedulista account. If you don't have a Stripe account, you can follow the steps here to set one up and connect it.
(1) Go to Settings > Payments
(2) Click the Connect with Stripe button
(3) On the Stripe activation page, click the Sign in link in the upper right
(4) Sign into your Stripe account
This should authorize the application access to your Stripe account.
Step 2 - Setting your global payment option
After you sign into Stripe, you will be redirected back to the Payments settings page in Schedulista. Your Stripe account will now be connected.
(1) The next step is to select your default payment setting for all services:
- Require payment and capture card
- Capture credit card
- Don't ask for credit card
(2) Click Save to enable your global payment setting
Step 3 - Setting prices on services for required payments
You must set prices for your services to have the credit card field appear in the online scheduler when you require payment.
The credit card capture option does not require prices for your services, but you can add the prices if you'd like.