This works for things like:
- vacations / holidays
- extended travel
- maternity or paternity leave
- extended leaves of absence
This also works for businesses just starting online scheduling. You can block out time on your schedule before you start offering services.
Contents in this article:
- Blocking out long-term time off
- What you'll see on your calendar
Blocking out long-term time off
As an example, you work 9-5, you are taking a vacation / holiday at the end of the year starting on December 24th, and will not be available to accept appointments during this time.
(1) On the calendar, tap on a 9:00 am time slot
(2) Select Personal in the Create Appointment dialog
(3) Tap Duration to change the length of the appointment to at least 8 hours to cover your full work day
(4) Tap Repeats to turn on the function
(5) Tap Repeats every week to adjust the repeat settings
(6) On the repeat settings page, tap Repeats weekly to adjust the type
(7) On the repeat type page, select daily
After selecting the type, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(8) Tap Ends never to set the end of your vacation
(9) Select Ends on Date to set the date the repeats end
After selecting an end option, tap the back arrow to return to the appointment page.
(10) (optional) Tap the Notes section to enter "Vacation" or "Holiday" to identify the appointments
(11) Tap Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your time off appointments in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
keywords: mobile app, schedule, availability, work hours, personal appointments, repeating personal appointments, block out time, vacation, holiday, maternity, paternity, leave, sabbatical, time off, calendar