You can add staff members to your account as users. You can also add calendars to your account by adding users.
Each user account can have its own calendar and login. You can set different levels of access for each user depending on their role.
Contents in this article:
- Adding a user or calendar
- Setting new user's password
- Pending invitation
- Turning off user account access
- Turning off calendar
Adding a user or calendar
(1) Go to Settings > Users
(2) Click Add User
Note: If you are subscribed and adding a second user for the first time, you will be notified that you are moving to the multi-provider subscription plan. Click Ok to continue.
(3) Enter the Personal Details of the user / calendar
Note: For rooms, space, resources, or locations, you can just use the First name field.
(4) (optional) Click on the token icon to add a user image
(5) In the User Account section, enter the Email address they will use to sign into their account
Note: Appointment notifications will also be sent to this email address for the provider.
(6) Select the Access level for the user
(7) Enter a short bio in the Provider bio field
(8) (optional) If the user would like to receive text notifications when clients schedule or cancel an appointment online, click the No button in the Receive Text (SMS) Updates section to change it to Yes
You can set which hours the user would like to receive text notifications between or if they'd only like to receive them for same-day appointments.
More on provider text notifications here.
(9) Set the regular weekly Work Schedule for the user
Note: Each user will be able to adjust their work schedule on their calendar.
(10) In the Services Offered section, check the box next to each service the user will provide to clients
(11) Click Save
Setting a new user's password
When you create and save the new user's account, a welcome email will be sent to their email address. There will be a link in the email for the user to click to confirm their account and set their password.
If the user doesn't see the welcome email in their inbox, have them check their junk or spam folder. Some email systems are also doing new kinds of filtering. For example, Google/Gmail may filter some emails into different categories or tabs (e.g., "Social," "Promotions," etc.). Have the user check these as well.
If a user has not confirmed their account, you will see a pending invitation notation listed next to their user account on your Users settings page.
If the user is unable to locate their welcome email, you can edit their user account and click the resend invitation link next to their email address to send a new welcome email with the confirmation link.
Turn off user account access
If the user account is for a room, space, resource, or location, you might not need anyone to sign into the account to manage it.
You can turn off the sign-in feature by clicking the green Yes button on the User Account section and changing it to No. Click Save to complete the change.
Turn off calendar
If the user does not need their own calendar to schedule and manage appointments, you can turn of the calendar by clicking the green Yes button on the Calendar section and changing it to No. Click Save to complete the change.
keywords: add, user, user account, calendar, room, space, location