Through Stripe, you can send receipts to clients for any service appointment they pay for. You can also send a receipt for any potential refunds.
Note: Receipts are a feature of Stripe not Schedulista and must be set in your Stripe account.
Contents in this article:
- Enabling client receipts in Stripe
- Customize your receipts
Enabling client receipts in Stripe
(1) Go to Stripe.com and sign into your account
(2) On your Stripe dashboard, click Business settings on the menu on the left
(3) In the Business Settings sub-menu, click on Customer emails
(4) On the Email receipts settings page, check the Successful payments box to send clients receipts when they pay
(5) (optional) Check the Refunds box to send clients receipts when they are issued a refund on a payment
(6) (optional) Select your Receipt language from the drop-down menu
Note: Languages currently supported by Stripe are English, Finnish, French, Danish, Dutch, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Spanish, and Swedish.
(7) Click Save
(8) You will be asked to enter your account password to authenticate and save the changes
Clients will be sent receipts for payment or refund within minutes of the transaction.
Customize your receipts
Stripe gives you the ability to customize the color of the header on your receipts to match your business. You can also add an icon or business logo.
Note: You will be asked to enter your account password to authenticate and save any changes.
(1) Click on the Icon image to add your own logo or photo
(2) Enter the hex code (e.g., #ff0000) of the business color you would like to use
Note: You can match this to the hex code of the accent color of your scheduler, which can be found on your Scheduler settings page. For embedded schedulers, click the Widget tab
(3) Click the send test email button to send an example of the custom receipt
(4) Your account email address will be the default to send the test. You can change this or add additional email addresses separated by commas.
(5) Click Send
When you are satisfied with your email, you are set.
(6) Click Save design
keywords: payment, client, receipt, credit card, Stripe, email, refund