Note: The Schedulista webhook API is in alpha testing at the moment. Functionality could change during testing.
You can automatically share select appointment information with other software using Schedulista's webhook API.
Contents in this article:
- What is a webhook API?
- About Schedulista's webhook API
- Entering your webhook URL
What is a webhook API?
An application programming interface (API) allows two pieces of software to communicate with each other. APIs typically require a request from one software to initiate a response from the second software.
A webhook API makes information from one software available without requiring a request from another software.
About Schedulista's webhook API
Our webhook API has not been publicly released. You can request access by emailing us at email@example.com.
The API is an alpha release and is subject to change.
The webhook API is compatible with Zapier, a service that allows you to connect other web services and apps you use to create automated workflows they call "zaps." You can read more on setting up the webhook as a trigger for a zap here.
- The webhook API is a one-way share; information cannot be imported into Schedulista from other software via the webhook API.
- Only a single webhook URL can be set on a Schedulista account
- The only event currently is appointment scheduled. If you want to hook other events (e.g. client added or appointment rescheduled), please let us know.
- HTTP POST only
- No data validation signature
Some information for you technical folks. We perform an HTTP POST with the following JSON payload each time an appointment is scheduled.
Note, if an appointment is scheduled via the calendar, there is a 1-minute delay for the webhook.
"name": "Women's Haircut & Style"
- appointment.id is a unique identifier for the appointment
- appointment.time is the time of the appointment
- appointment.duration is the length of the appointment in minutes
- appointment.client is the most recently added / updated client for this appointment. In the future we plan to list appointment attendees for appointments that are classes.
- All times are ISO 8601 format with a time offset that matches the time zone offset of the business (at that time).
Entering your webhook URL
You will get a webhook URL from another software you would like to connect with Schedulista or from a connection service like Zapier.
You can enter your webhook URL on the Business Details page in your account settings.
keywords: webhooks, Zapier, integration, API