IMPORTANT NOTE: This document is only for businesses that were previously set up with Scheduling Comments / Questions either on the Business Details page or for an individual service on the Edit Service page.
Schedulista now offers custom fields for the scheduling details form page in the scheduler. These can be used to create a single line input (like the name and email fields), a free text paragraph field, notices (similar to the Cancellation Policy section), and a single checkbox (like a terms agreement selection).
You can read an overview about custom fields here.
Contents in this article:
- What happens if I don't update?
- Where have my legacy comments/questions moved?
- How do I update a legacy comment/question?
- Remember to remove the old legacy comments
- Remember to turn on comments
- Where do I see the client responses?
What happens if I don't update?
No action is necessary on your part. If you don't follow these instructions, Schedulista will continue to behave in the same way for you and your clients.
But, you should follow these instructions because the new custom fields feature is awesome!
Where have my legacy comments/questions moved?
We've moved your legacy comments/questions to the Custom Fields settings page.
How do I update a legacy comment/question?
(1) Go to Settings > Custom Fields
(2) Next to the Legacy comment you want to update, click the down arrow at the far right
(3) Select Copy from the menu
You'll see something like this:
Notice the Prompt area. This is where your old comments/questions is/are defined. In this case, it looks like there are three separate comments/questions.
- A notice for new clients.
- A question asking about the client's main reason for coming in (required).
- A paragraph asking for general comments (optional).
(4) We can make each one of these its own custom field
You can read about the different custom field types here.
- Update the Field name to something unique that identifies the field. E.g. "Main concern".
- Edit the prompt for the questionE.g. "What is your main concern for this appointment? For example low back pain, neck pain, headaches, etc."
- Check the Client response required? box to make this a required field to schedule
- Select All services in the Services section for this question to appear on all of your services
You'll end up with something like this:
(5) Click the Save button
(6) Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 for the notice to new clients
How will it look?
The details page on your client scheduler will now look something like this:
Remember to remove the old legacy comments
On the Legacy comment you want to remove, click on the down arrow at the far right and select Delete.
Remember to turn on comments
Once all your legacy comments have been removed, you should switch on comments so clients can leave general comments. This is optional, but in most cases you will want this.
(1) Click on Edit next to Comment
(2) Click the button next to Shown in scheduler? to toggle it to a green Yes
(3) Click Save
Where do I see the client responses?
You can view and update client responses in the edit appointment dialog. You can read more here.