You can use Schedulista to rent spaces, such as conference rooms, batting cages, recording studios, or office space. You can also rent objects like scooters, bicycles, or paddle boards.
Contents in this article:
- Step 1 - Create a user account for each space/object
- Step 2 - Create categories of services
- Step 3 - Create services
- Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
- What clients will see
- What you will see
Step 1 - Create a user account for each space/object
(1) Go to Settings > Users
(2) Click Add User
(3) In the First name field, you can use a generic name for each space/object you are renting
(4) Scroll down to the User Account section
(5) Click the green Yes button to change it to No
Since the space/object will not need to sign into the account, you can turn off the login option.
As an example, this account has five rental spaces, one "Large Conference Room," one "Small Conference Room," and three "Single Office Rental" spaces.
In addition, the "Dustin" user is the administrator (the manager) on the account. Since clients are not scheduling with the Dustin user directly, the calendar is turned off for the user account.
Step 2 - Create categories of services
Creating categories for each type of space/object is a great way to organize your services.
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) In the Category section in the left column, click the Edit button next to the default "Services" category to change the name of the category.
(3) Click Add Category to create new categories
Step 3 - Create services
You will want to create separate services for each type of space/object you are renting and for each amount of time you want to rent it for. To set this up:
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) Select the appropriate Category and click Add Service
(3) Name the service and set the Duration
In the example, this service is named "Office Space - 2 hours" to reflect the fact that it is for scheduling office space for 2 hours. The duration is set to 2 hours, so each appointment of this type of service will block out 2 hours on the calendar.
(4) Scroll down to the Providers Offering Service section
For the example, the "Single Office Rental" providers are selected for the office space service.
Duplicating the service
On the Services page, selecting the Copy option will duplicate the office space service. Three copies are made with the durations and names changed to reflect 4 hour, 6 hour, and 8 hour rental services.
Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
The default option allows clients to select between all providers offering a particular service. Since there are three "Single Office Rental" spaces and clients don't need to select a specific office space, the option can be removed.
(1) Go to Settings > Scheduling Policies
(2) Scroll down to the Choosing Providers section
(3) Select "System chooses the service provider automatically"
Note: Either of the random or configurable ordering choices will work because services are attached to the specific space/calendar.
With the services set for the small office rentals, services can now be set for the large and small conference rooms.
What clients will see
In the scheduler, clients will see the list of services organized by type category.
What you'll see
Users with administrator or scheduler access can view all the rooms side-by-side on any given day by clicking the Calendar tab and selecting the Day view.
keyword: space, resources, objects, items, scheduling, rooms, meeting, conference