You can use Schedulista to rent spaces, such as conference rooms, batting cages, recording studios, or office space. You can also rent objects like scooters, bicycles, or paddle boards.
Contents in this article:
- Step 1 - Create a user account for each space or item
- Step 2 - Create categories of services
- Step 3 - Create services
- Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
- What clients will see
- What you will see
Step 1 - Create a user account for each space or item
Each user account in Schedulista comes with its own calendar so that it can booked for services individually. You would create a user account for each room, desk, or space you offer; or for each rental item you offer.
(1) Go to Settings > Users
(2) Click Add User
(3) In the First name field, you can use a generic name for each space/object you are renting
(4) Scroll down to the User Account section
(5) Click the green Yes button to change it to No
Since the space/object will not need to sign into the account, you can turn off the login option.
As an example, this account has five rental spaces, one Large Conference Room, one Small Conference Room, and three (3) Single Office Rental spaces.
In addition, the Dustin user is the administrator (the manager) on the account. Since clients are not scheduling with the Dustin user directly, the calendar is turned off for that user account.
Step 2 - Create categories of services
Creating categories for each type of space/object is a great way to organize your services. You could organize your services by specific room/space or by specific rental item being offered.
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) In the Category section in the left column, click the Edit button next to the default Services category to change the name of the category.
In our example, this is updated to Single Person Offices.
(3) Click Add Category to create new categories
(4) Add as many categories as you need
Step 3 - Create services
You will want to create separate services for each type of room/space or rental item and for each amount of time you want to rent it for. To set this up:
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) Select the appropriate Category and click Add Service
(3) Name the service and set the Duration
In the example, this service is named "Office Space - 2 hours" to reflect the fact that it is for scheduling office space for 2 hours. The duration is set to 2 hours, so each appointment of this type of service will block out 2 hours on the calendar.
(4) Scroll down to the Providers Offering Service section and select the user account(s) ("provider(s)") you'd like to offer the service
For the example, the "Single Office Rental" providers are selected for each of the Office Space services.
Duplicating the service
On the Services page, selecting the Copy option will duplicate the office space service. Three copies are made with the durations and names changed to reflect 4 hour, 6 hour, and 8 hour rental services.
Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
The default option allows clients to select between all providers offering a particular service. Since there are three "Single Office Rental" spaces and clients don't need to select a specific office space, the option can be removed.
(1) Go to Settings > Scheduling Policies
(2) Scroll down to the Choosing Providers section
(3) Select "System chooses the service provider automatically"
Note: Either of the random or configurable ordering choices will work because services are attached to the specific space/calendar.
With the services set for the small office rentals, services can now be set for the large and small conference rooms.
What clients will see
In the scheduler, clients will see the list of services organized by type category.
What you'll see
Users with administrator or scheduler access can view all the rooms side-by-side on any given day by clicking the Calendar tab and selecting the Day view.
keyword: space, resources, objects, items, scheduling, rooms, meeting, conference