You can use Schedulista to rent spaces, such as conference rooms, batting cages, recording studios, or office space. You can also rent objects like scooters, bicycles, or paddle boards.
Contents in this article:
- Step 1 - Create a calendar for each space or item
- Step 2 - Create categories of services
- Step 3 - Create services
- Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
- What clients will see
- What you will see
Step 1 - Create a calendar for each space or item
More information: Adding a calendar to your account
You must add a user account to add a new calendar. You would create a user account for each room, desk, or space you offer; or for each rental item you offer. Each can then be booked for services individually.
(1) Go to Settings > Users
(2) Click Add User
(3) In the First name field, you can use a generic name for each space/object you are renting
(4) Scroll down to the User Account section
(5) Click the green Yes button to change it to No
Since the space/object will not need to sign into the account, you can turn off the login option.
(6) Set the availability for the calendar in the Work Schedule section
Note: This can be updated on the calendar as needed.
(7) Click Save
As an example, this account has five rental spaces, one Large Conference Room, one Small Conference Room, and three (3) Single Office Rental spaces.
In addition, the Dustin user is the administrator (the manager) on the account. Since clients are not scheduling with the Dustin user directly, the calendar is turned off for that user account.
Step 2 - Create categories of services
More information: Organizing service by category
Creating categories for each type of space/object is a great way to organize your services. You could organize your services by specific room/space or by specific rental item being offered.
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) In the Category section in the left column, click the Edit button next to the default Services category to change the name of the category.
In our example, this is updated to Single Person Offices.
(3) Click Add Category to create new categories
(4) Add as many categories as you need
Step 3 - Create services
More information: Adding a service
You will want to create separate services for each type of room/space or rental item and for each amount of time you want to rent it for. To set this up:
(1) Go to Settings > Services
(2) Select the appropriate Category and click Add Service
(3) Name the service and set the Duration
In the example, the "Office Space - 2 hours" service reflects scheduling 2 hours of use of the office space. The duration will block out 2 hours on the calendar for each appointment of this type.
(4) Scroll down to the Providers Offering Service section and select which user accounts (providers) you'd like to offer the service
For the example, the "Single Office Rental" providers are selected for each of the Office Space services.
Duplicating the service
On the Services page, selecting the Copy option will duplicate the office space service. Three copies are made with the durations and names changed to reflect 4 hour, 6 hour, and 8 hour rental services.
Step 4 - Turn off the option to select individual providers
The default option allows clients to select between all providers offering a particular service. Since there are three "Single Office Rental" spaces and clients don't need to select a specific office space, the option can be removed.
(1) Go to Settings > Scheduling Policies
(2) Scroll down to the Choosing Providers section
(3) Select "System chooses the service provider automatically"
Note: Either of the random or configurable ordering choices will work because services are attached to the specific space/calendar.
With the services set for the small office rentals, services can now be set for the large and small conference rooms.
What clients will see
In the scheduler, clients will see the list of services organized by type category.
What you'll see
Users with administrator or scheduler access can view all the rooms side-by-side on any given day by clicking the Calendar tab and selecting the Day view.
keyword: space, resources, objects, items, scheduling, rooms, meeting, conference