This is a guide to help you set up your Schedulista account.
Contents in this article:
- Contacting Schedulista support
- Basic terminology
- Initial business account setup
- Setting your Business Details
- Creating & editing Users
- Creating & editing Services
- Setting your availability
- Setting your available appointment times
- Setting your Scheduling Policies
- How clients can schedule with you
- Scheduling appointments for clients
- Client confirmation and reminder notifications
- Automatic follow-up emails
- Designing your scheduling page
- Adding Schedulista to your website
- Payments & credit card capture
- Sharing or syncing your calendar
- Sending bulk emails to clients
Contacting Schedulista support
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our support team.
We are available Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm (9:00-17:00) U.S. Pacific Time.
Schedulista lets clients schedule appointments with you online through your personalized scheduling page. We also provide a scheduler you can embed on your own website.
You can also schedule appointments for clients directly in your online calendar or via the mobile app.
Schedulista is comprised of the following:
- Schedulista website - This dashboard is where you can view your calendar, set your availability, and edit your account settings.
- Scheduler - Also known as your public scheduling page, this is the personalized web page where clients go to schedule with you. You can find the URL (web address) to your scheduler on the Let clients know settings page.
- Scheduler widget - You can embed the scheduler on your own website so that clients don't have to go anywhere else to schedule. This seamlessly blends in with your business branding.
- Mobile app - Schedulista has an app for iPhone and Andriod. Through the app, you can view your calendar on the go and create appointments for clients.
Before you get started, there are a few terms you should know:
- Business account - The Schedulista account for your business. This includes all user accounts and calendars, and your scheduler.
- Client - Your customers. Anyone who is scheduling / booking an appointment with you for services.
- User - Anyone that will have access to your business account. This includes service providers, administrators, and receptionists. To learn more about creating user accounts, see the Creating & editing Users section below.
- Service Provider - A user that clients will be scheduling with. You can make a user a service provider by turning on the Calendar option for their account. See the Creating & editing Users section below for more information.
- Service - A type of appointment clients can schedule with you. A service can be for individuals; a class, workshop, or group meeting; or an event. You can find out more about services in the Creating & editing Services section below.
- Calendar - Each service provider has a calendar showing all of their past and future appointments. A service provider can make appointments for clients directly on their calendar. You can view a service provider's calendar through the Schedulista website or via the mobile app.
Initial business account setup
You've likely already done this, but if you need, you can sign up for a new Schedulista business account here: http://www.schedulista.com/businesses/sign_up
Signing up for a business account will create your business name and your user account login email address and password.
The setup will walk you through three quick steps:
- Your time zone and country
- Your regular work schedule
- Adding at least one service
Once the initial setup is complete, you will have access to your account dashboard to fully set-up your account.
Setting your Business Details
The Business Details page allows you to setup the following:
- Business Name - You can edit your business name here.
- Business Address - The main physical address of your business. This will add a Google map of your location to your scheduling page and to the confirmation and reminder emails.
- Time Zone - You can adjust the time zone for your account here.
- Country - You can change the country of your business here.
- Business Statement - This is a description of your business that appears on your scheduler. Note: The statement is not included in the scheduler widget embedded on a website.
Creating & editing Users
You can create or edit user accounts by going to the Users page. You can read more on adding users to your account in the following ways:
- Add user with a calendar - For users who will be providing services
- Add user without a calendar - For users who are not offering services, like administrators, receptionists, or other support staff
- Adding another calendar to your account - For additional availability, multiple locations, or resources like rooms or equipment
Each user account has the following options:
- User Account - Allows the user to sign into the account using their own email address and password.
- Access level - Determines how much access the user has to the system.
- Calendar - Determines if the user gets a calendar. Any user that clients are going to schedule appointments with will need a calendar.
- Provider bio - You can add a bio for each user that will appear on the Choose Provider page in the scheduler. The bio is only visible if you have multiple user accounts.
- Receive Text/SMS Updates - Allows the user to receive text/SMS confirmations when clients schedule appointments.
- Work Schedule - Sets the regular work hours the user is available each week. This can also be adjusted on the Calendar.
- Services Offered - Determines which services the user offers to clients.
Creating & editing Services
You will have the following options while creating or editing services:
- Price - The amount your service costs for an appointment. If you opt to take payments when clients schedule, this is the amount they would be charged.
- Duration - The length of your service. This is the amount of time that each scheduled appointment will block out in your calendar. Note: Schedulista doesn't directly show the appointment duration to your clients. If you'd like clients to know how long an appointment last, you can include this in the name and/or description of the service (e.g. "60 Minute Swedish Massage").
- Setup/cleanup time - This is used to block out additional time before and after appointments.
- Split appointment - This is used to create a gap time within an appointment, so another client can schedule during that time. Note: As this feature is mostly used by hair stylists, it isn't automatically included on all accounts. If you'd like this feature turned on, please notify our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category - Categories help to organize the list of services in your scheduler. Select which category you'd like the service to appear under from the drop-down menu.
- Description - A text field to offer a brief description of your service. This appears below the service name in your scheduler.
- Class - Classes allow multiple people to schedule at the same time for classes, groups, workshops, events, etc.
- Private Service - Private services are hidden from your scheduler and only clients with a special link can schedule them. This is great for providing promotions and special offers to select clients.
- Limited Time Offer - This allows a service to only be available to book during a specific date range.
- Daily Deal - This feature requires clients to enter a Groupon, Living Social, or other coupon code to schedule the service.
- Location - This allows you to set an alternate location for a specific service / class / event. If you provide a service where you travel to the client, you can set it to ask their client their location while scheduling.
- Custom Fields - Custom fields are used to ask clients for additional information while scheduling. You can select which custom fields you would like to apply to the specific service.
- Providers Offering Service - Determines which users with calendars offer the specific service.
Setting your availability
Your availability determines when clients can schedule appointments with you. You can manage your availability in several ways:
- Work hours - The basic hours you are available each week to offer services.
- Personal appointments - Allows you to block out time on your calendar when you are unavailable. These work for lunches or breaks, doctor's appointments and other personal engagements, splitting work days, taking vacations/holidays, and more.
- Daily overrides (Flex time) - Allows you to override your schedule for a specific day without affecting your regular work schedule, take the day off, or make a day available that is regularly off.
Setting your available appointment times
Service availability is based on the following settings:
- Your availability - This is your work hours, including your regular work schedule, time blocked out by personal appointments, and any flex time overrides you set.
- Appointment times - The frequency of your available appointment times can be set by a scheduling interval (i.e., every 30 minutes) or by specific appointment times. Specific appointment times can be set for all services or by specific service.
Other settings that could affect appointment times:
- Service duration - The length of a service appointment. For example, if your scheduling interval is every 30 minutes, your work hours are 9-5, and a service is 1 hour long, an appointment booked at 10am would block the 10:30 time from appearing in the scheduler.
- Optional settings - Setup/cleanup time or split appointment times could affect which set appointment times will appear in the scheduler.
- Scheduling policies - Length of policies like lead time and how far in the future clients can schedule can also impact appointment times. See more on Setting your Scheduling Policies below.
- Google Calendar Sync - The optional two-way sync with a Google Calendar can block out time in your schedule. See more on the sync in the Sharing or syncing your calendar section below.
Setting your Scheduling Policies
The Scheduling Policies page allows you to setup the following:
- Cancellation Policy - How far in advance are customers allowed to cancel online. You can also add specifics of your cancellation policy to the standard text.
- Lead time - The minimum amount of time your require before clients can schedule an appointment. A 4-hour lead time means the earliest someone scheduling at 8am would see the next available appointment time is 12pm.
- Future - How far in the future can clients book appointments online. Can be set as short at 1 day up to as far out as 2 years.
- Choosing Providers - This setting determines whether clients get to select a specific provider when scheduling or just see a list of all available appointment times.
- Available Appointment Times - Determines what times are available for clients to schedule. See more on Setting your available appointment times above.
How clients can schedule with you
Clients can schedule with you through your scheduling page or the scheduler embedded on your website. You can find the URL (web address) to your scheduling page on the Let clients know page in your settings.
You can also provide scheduling through your Facebook business page.
No client account necessary
Clients do not need to sign up for an account and do not need to sign in to schedule an appointment. One less online account they have to manage, and you don't have to worry about supporting lost or forgotten client login information.
They simply select their service, choose a provider (on multi-user accounts), choose a date & time for their appointment, and fill in the quick scheduling details form to book.
Checking the Remember me at this computer option while scheduling will autofill their contact information anytime they schedule going forward.
Disabling online scheduling
If you don't want clients to be able to schedule with you through your scheduler, you can check the Clients must call for appointment option for all your services. We can also disable your scheduler for you, just send us an email to email@example.com.
Scheduling appointments for clients
You can create appointments for clients in the mobile app by clicking the plus (+) sign in the upper right of the calendar.
You can also create repeating appointments for clients directly in your calendar or in the mobile app.
Client confirmation and reminder notifications
Schedulista automatically sends appointment confirmations and reminders to clients by email when they book online. Clients can also opt to receive text/SMS reminders.
If you set an appointment for a client directly on your calendar and their client record has an email address, they will be sent the confirmation and reminder emails. You can also opt them in to receive text/SMS reminders for the appointments you set.
A custom message can be added to the confirmation and reminder emails for all services or by specific service on the Communications settings page.
You can read more on the specific confirmations and reminders sent and when they are sent here.
Automatic follow-up emails
You can send automated follow-up emails to thank clients and encourage them to schedule their next appointment. Click here for more information.
Designing your scheduling page
If you don't have your own website or don't prefer to have scheduling directly on your site, we provide the simple scheduling page for you to use.
On the Scheduler settings page, you can adjust the color of the links ("accent color") used on the page to match your business. Otherwise, the colors, fonts, and layout of the page cannot be adjusted.
You can add a logo & photos to your scheduler on the Scheduler settings page.
Adding Schedulista to your website
You can embed your scheduler directly onto your website using HTML code. You can find the HTML code for the scheduler widget on the Add to your website page in your settings. Click here for more information.
Please note that if you embed the scheduler into your website, we remove any logos and photos added as we assume that you already have these items on your website.
Payments & credit card capture
Schedulista offers the ability to take online credit & debit card payments through Stripe. You can read more on Stripe integration and payments here.
The credit card capture feature allows you to require clients to enter card details to secure their appointment but not charge them at that time. This can be used to charge a late cancellation or no-show fee.
Sharing or syncing your calendar
You are able to share your Schedulista calendar with other calendar programs using an iCalendar feed. This one-way (read-only) sync allows your Schedulista appointments to appear on another calendar you might use, like the following:
- Google Calendar
- Apple iCal (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iCloud)
- Yahoo Calendar
More on the iCalendar feed here.
Google Calendar Sync
This two-way sync allows you to share your Schedulista appointments with a Google Calendar and share your Google appointments with your Schedulista calendar. Google appointments can block out time on your Schedulista schedule. Click here for more information.
Each user's calendar on your Schedulista account can be synced to their own Google Calendar.
Sending bulk emails to clients
Our integration with the email marketing service MailChimp allows you to easily send bulk or mass emails to your clients.
Syncing your client list to a MailChimp mailing list, you'll be able to send clients newsletters, promotions, event or business notifications, or other messages or marketing emails. Read more about setting up the sync here.
Please check out the rest of our support page for more helpful information and setup tips.