This version of Google Calendar Sync has been deprecated as of June 2020. You can learn more about the new version of Google Calendar Sync here.
Schedulista can sync with your Google Calendar. Unlike subscribing to an iCalendar (iCal) feed, this is a two-way synchronization. Appointments from both calendars will appear on both calendars.
Note: Make sure to complete Step 4 or your sync will not be active.
Contents in the article:
- Note about Google Calendar appointment status
- Step 1 - Starting setup
- Step 2 - Enabling Google Calendar sync
- Step 3 - Authorizing sync through Google
- Step 4 - Activating the sync
- Forcing Schedulista to sync immediately
Note about Google Calendar appointment status
Appointments on Google Calendar can be set to Free (or Available) or Busy status. If you want a Google appointment to block out time in Schedulista, you will want to set it as Busy.
Learn more on setting Google Calendar appointment status to block out time in Schedulista here.
Step 1 - Starting setup
(1) Go to your Calendar page
(2) Click the gear icon in the upper right
(3) Select Sync Calendar… from the menu
Note: You can only select Sync Calendar if you are viewing your own calendar. If you are an administrator or scheduler and are viewing another provider's calendar, this option will be grayed out and not be available.
Step 2 - Enabling Google Calendar sync
In the Sync Calendar dialog, click the Enable Google Calendar Sync link
Step 3 - Authorizing sync through Google
You will be redirected to a Google authorization page. Click the Accept button to give Schedulista access to your Google Calendar.
Note: You might be prompted to sign into your Google account if you are not already signed in, or select a specific Google account to sign into if you have more than one.
You are not done yet.
You will be redirected back to your Schedulista calendar page.
Step 4 - Activating the sync
Now, you must activate the sync.
(1) On your calendar, click on the gear icon in the upper right again
(2) Select Sync Calendar… from the menu once more
(3) In the Sync Calendar dialog, below "One more step...," select which Google Calendar to sync with from the menu. (You may only have one option.)
(4) Click Activate
Now, you are set. The initial sync can take up to 30 minutes.
Forcing Schedulista to sync immediately
Once your calendar has performed the initial sync, it will continue to synchronize appointments every 15 minutes. If you would like to force Schedulista to synchronize appointments immediately, click on the gear icon again, and choose Sync Google Now from the menu.
keywords: calendar, sync, share, Google Calendar, two-way synchronization, enable