You can share your Schedulista calendar with your Apple iCal using an iCalendar feed. This allows you to share with your Mac desktop or laptop, or with multiple Apple devices using iCloud.
Contents in this article:
- Note about sharing your calendar
- Step 1 - Turn on iCalendar feed
- Step 2 - Sharing your calendar with Apple iCal
Note about sharing your calendar
Sharing your calendar is a one-way synchronization, sometimes referred to as read-only synchronization.
Schedulista appointments will appear on your Mac calendar but appointments set on your Mac will not appear or block out time on your Schedulista calendar.
Step 1 - Turn on iCalendar feed
The first thing to do is to turn on the iCalendar (iCal) feed for your Schedulista calendar. This will provide the feed address (ending in .ics) to use to subscribe to the calendar.
Step 2 - Sharing your calendar with Apple iCal
There are two options you can use to subscribe to your Schedulista calendar with Apple iCal.
Option 1: By email or text
You can copy your iCalendar feed address and email or text it to your Mac desktop or laptop or other Apple device. Open the email on your device and click the iCal feed URL link. This will open your calendar and populate the address. Skip ahead to step 5 below.
Option 2: Subscribe through Apple iCal on your Mac desktop or laptop
(1) Turn on the iCalendar (iCal) feed for your Schedulista calendar (instructions here)
(2) Open Calendar on your Mac desktop or laptop
(3) Select File > New Calendar Subscription
(4) Type or paste the iCal feed URL from Schedulista in the field for the calendar's web address
(5) Click Subscribe
(6) Enter a name for the calendar in the Name field, and select a color for it in the pop-up menu
(7) Click the Location menu to select an account to share with
- iCloud - will share your calendar with all Apple devices connected to your iCloud account
- On My Mac - will share your calendar locally with your Mac desktop or laptop
(8) (optional) Uncheck boxes next to Remove attachments or alerts, if needed
(9) Click the Auto-refresh menu to select how often you want your calendar to automatically update
Note: Your calendar will refresh each time you close and open your calendar.
(10) (optional) Select Ignore alerts if you'd like the calendar to not alert you for Schedulista appointments
(11) Click OK
keywords: calendar, sync, share, one-way, read-only, iCalendar, iCal, feed, Apple, Mac