You can manage your schedule if it changes on a frequent basis by using personal appointments. Personal appointments block time on your calendar when you are unavailable to provide service.
Contents in this article:
- Changing your schedule week to week
- Step 1 - Setting work hours
- Step 2 - Setting personal appointments
Changing your schedule week to week
If your schedule changes week to week, this is best accomplished by setting your work hours for as broad availability as possible. Then, personal appointments can be used to tweak your schedule from week to week.
Step 1 - Setting work hours
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) Click the gear icon in the upper right
(3) Select Work Hours from the menu
(4) Set the earliest time you'd start each day and the latest time you'd end each day
(5) Click Save
Step 2 - Setting personal appointments
(1) Click on the date & time you'd like to start blocking out time for the week
(2) In the New Appointment dialog, leave Personal selected as the service
(3) Select the Duration of the personal appointment from the drop-down menu
(4) For the Repeats field, select Daily from the drop-down menu
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 day selected
(b) For the Ends section, select the occurrences option and type the number of
occurrences for that week
(5)(optional) Type something in the Appointment Notes text field to identify the blocks
(6) Click Save
If in a month you work 10:00 am - 6:-00 pm the first week, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm the second week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm the third week, and 9:00 am - 7:00 pm the fourth week, you could set your work hours from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm.
To tweak your available hours from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm for the first week, you could set repeating personal appointments on Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Note: You can name the personal appointment "Off" or "Off Hours" or "Unavailable" in the Appointment Notes to differentiate the appointments
For the second week, the personal appointments could be set for a three-hour block from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm so that the available hours will be from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
For the third week, you could block out 8:00 am to 9:00 am, as well as a two-hour block from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, to be available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
And for the fourth week, just a one-hour block from 8:00 am to 9:00 am will make you available from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
keywords: changing schedule, week to week, work hours, managing, personal appointments