You can manage your schedule if it changes on a frequent basis by using personal appointments. Personal appointments block time on your calendar when you are unavailable to provide service.
You can also set a future work hour change, like for summer hours, by using personal appointments so that clients can schedule appointments based on the upcoming available hours.
Contents in this article:
- Changing your schedule week to week
- Setting a future work schedule
Changing your schedule week to week
This is best accomplished by setting your work hours for as broad availability as possible. Then, personal appointments can be used to tweak your schedule from week to week.
For example, if in a month you work 10:00 am - 6:-00 pm the first week, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm the second week, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm the third week, and 9:00 am - 5:00 pm the fourth week, you could set your work hours from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm.
To tweak your available hours from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm for the first week, you could set repeating personal appointments on Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Note: You can name the personal appointment "Off" or "Off Hours" in the Appointment Notes to differentiate the appointments
For the second week, the personal appointments could be set for a three-hour block from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm so that the available hours will be from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
And you can continue for the remaining two weeks.
Setting a future work schedule
Like the weekly schedule changes above, set your work hours for broad availability. Then, schedule repeating personal appointments to define your work hours in the future.
For example, your regular schedule is 8am to 5pm with an hour lunch break. In the summer months from June to September (December to March in the Southern Hemisphere), you'd like your hours to be from 10am to 7pm with an hour lunch break.
(1) Starting on January 1 and ending on May 31, create a weekly repeating personal appointment set for 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday
Note: You can name the personal appointment "Off" or "Off Hours" (or something similar) in the Appointment Notes to differentiate the appointments
(2) For the lunch break, set another weekly repeating personal appointment from January 1 to May 31 from 12 noon to 1:00 pm Monday through Friday
Note: You can name the personal appointment "Lunch" in the Appointment Notes to differentiate the appointments
(3) Starting on June 1 through August 31, create a weekly repeating personal appointment set for 8:00 am to 10:00 am Monday through Friday
(4) Set the new lunch break for 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday from June 1 to August 31
(5) Starting on September 1, block out time from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm to return to your original schedule
(6) Also, set your repeating lunch block starting on September 1 from 12 noon to 1:00 pm
keywords: changing schedule, week to week, future work hours, work hours, managing