Contents in this article:
- Blocking out lunches or breaks
- What you'll see on your calendar
Blocking out lunches or breaks
As an example, say you want to block out a one-hour lunch between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm every day that you work.
(1) Go to your Calendar
(2) In the Week or Day view, click on a 1:00 pm time slot to bring up the New Appointment dialog box
(3) For the Service field, leave Personal selected
(4) Select 1 hour from the Duration drop-down menu (or however long you'd let to set your lunch for)
(5) For the Repeats field, select Weekly from the drop-down menu
(a) For the Repeat every field, leave 1 week selected
(b) For Repeats on, check the boxes for each of the days of the work week: Tuesday (T), Wednesday (W), Thursday (T), Friday (F)
(c) For the Ends section, leave Never selected
(6) (optional) Type "Lunch" into the Appointment Notes text field
(7) Click Save
What you'll see on your calendar
On your calendar, you'll see the red personal appointment blocks appearing each day you work to make you unavailable during that time on your schedule.
Clients will not see your lunch or break in the scheduler, just that there is no appointment time available during that period.
keywords: schedule, availability, work hours, personal appointments, repeating personal appointments, block out time, break, lunch