You can manually issue full or partial refunds for payments through your Stripe account dashboard.
Contents in this article:
- Automatic refunds vs. manual refunds
- Issuing a refund
Automatic refunds vs. manual refunds
Schedulista is designed to automatically trigger a full refund when you or a client cancels an appointment that a client booked online and paid for while booking.
If you use the credit card capture option for payments, cancelling an appointment will not trigger an automatic refund.
If you don't cancel an appointment booked and paid for online, you can manually issue a full or partial refund through your Stripe account.
Issuing a refund
All manual refunds must be done through your Stripe account dashboard. You can sign into your account at Stripe.com. Click the Sign In link in the upper right corner.
(1) On your Stripe dashboard, click on Customers on the menu on the left
(2) Locate and click on the correct customer by their email address. You can reference the email address on their Schedulista client record on the Clients tab.
(3) On the Stripe customer record, scroll down to the Payments section
(4) Click on the appropriate payment
(5) On the details page for the payment, click the Refund button near the top
(6) In the Refund payment dialog, leave the full amount of the payment in the Refund field for a full refund or enter an amount for a partial refund
(7) Select a Reason for the refund from the drop-down menu
Note: Typically, "Requested by customer" will frequently be the reason.
(8) Enter more detail about the refund or reason for the refund in the text field
Note: This information will appear on the client's refund email.
(9) Click the Refund button
Stripe may require you to re-enter your password to authenticate and authorize the refund.
keywords: refund, Stripe, payments, full, partial, manual