If you would prefer to take a deposit from a client for a service when they schedule their appointment, you can do this by setting the price of your service as the deposit price.
You can explain to clients in your service description that this is a deposit and they will be charged the balance of their service price at a later time.
Note: You will want to set your payment option for all services or for a specific service to require clients to pay when they schedule.
Setting a deposit
(1) Go to Settings > Services / Classes / Events
(2a) Click Edit next to an existing service to update; or
(2b) Click Add Service to create a new service
(3) In the Price field, enter the amount for the deposit you would like to take
(4) In the Description field, enter your deposit explanation
Note: You can also add something to your Service Name to distinguish the deposit.
(5) Fill in the rest of the relevant details for your service
(6) In the Service Overrides section, you can select to override your global payment setting and set this specific service to require clients to pay.
Note: If your global payment setting on the Credit Card settings page is set to require payment, you can skip this.
(7) Click Save
What clients see
They will be asked to enter their credit card details and pay while scheduling their appointment.
How to charge the balance
When Stripe processes a payment, the client's card details are captured and stored on your Stripe account. You can charge their captured card for the balance.
keywords: deposit, payment, credit card, charge, balance, remainder