MailChimp is an email marketing solution that helps you design email newsletters, promotions, drip campaigns, and follow-up communications; share them on social networks; integrate with services you already use; and track your results.
MailChimp is free if you meet the following criteria:
- Fewer than 2000 email addresses
- Send fewer than 12,000 emails per month
Contents in this article:
- Before you start - Setting up MailChimp
- Sync set-up
Before you start - Setting up MailChimp
You must already have a MailChimp account. Sign up for an account here.
You must set up a MailChimp mailing list.
Once you've created your mailing list, you'll want to generate your API key. You can read more from MailChimp on that here.
An application programming interface (API) allows software to communicate with other software. An API key is a unique identifier that tells either software which specific account they are working with.
(1a) Go to the Email Marketing settings page; or
(1b) Go to the Clients tab. Click on the gear icon in the upper right, and then select Sync with MailChimp from the menu
(2) On the Email Marketing settings page, enter your MailChimp API key
(3) Click Connect
(4) Choose the MailChimp list you want to synchronize in the Choose List drop-down
(5) (optional) Check the box next to Keep up to date to have the sync run automatically each night
(6) Click the Save button
That's all there is to it. Your Schedulista clients should now be in MailChimp, and your MailChimp clients in Schedulista.
keywords: clients, client list, MailChimp, sync, mailing list, email marketing, API, key