With your cancellation policy, you can set the latest a client can cancel an appointment prior to their scheduled appointment time.
Note: Your cancellation policy also affects when appointment reminder emails are sent to your clients. You can view when they will be sent on your Communications settings page.
Contents in this article:
- Setting your cancellation policy
- Updating your cancellation policy message
- How clients cancel appointments
Setting your cancellation policy
(1) Go to Settings > Scheduling Policies
At the top of the page is the Cancellation Policy.
(2) Set the length of time from the drop-down menu below the question "How far in advance are customers allowed to cancel online?"
Note: You can select as short as 1 hour prior to an appointment or as long as 2 weeks. You also have the options to allow clients to cancel at any time or to not allow them to cancel online.
The Client Notice field will display the cancellation policy message that will be shown to customers.
(3) Click Save at the bottom of the page
Updating your cancellation policy message
You can add custom text to the cancellation policy message that your clients will see.
(1) Click on the green pencil at the end of the default message
(2) Edit your customized cancellation message in the text area
Note: The default text displaying the time of your cancellation policy cannot be changed.
(3) When you're done, click outside the text area.
(4) Remember to click Save at the bottom of the page when you're done
How clients cancel appointments
A link to cancel an appointment will appear under the Cancellation Policy heading on the appointment summary page. This link will also appear on the appointment confirmation and reminder emails that clients receive.
Clients who receive text (SMS) reminders can click the Details link to go to the appointment summary page to cancel.
Note: If an appointment is scheduled within less time than the cancellation policy (e.g., Appointment booked 10 hours prior with a 24-hour cancellation policy), the cancel link will not be available. Clients will see following message: "(Appointment can no longer be canceled)"
Clients can include a message explaining why they are canceling when they confirm. This message will appear in the cancellation notification email you will receive.
keywords: cancel, cancellation, cancelation, cancellation policy, cancelation policy, scheduling policies, how clients cancel, how do clients cancel