Schedulista’s class feature for services allows multiple clients to book the same appointment time. Once you've created a class or event service, there are two methods to determine when classes or events are available on your schedule:
- adding classes to specific dates & times on your calendar
- offering classes whenever there is available time on your schedule
Learn more about classes here.
Contents in this article:
- Method 1: Adding classes / events directly to your calendar
- Method 2: Offering classes wherever you have availability on your schedule
- When a class or event is full
Method 1: Adding classes / events directly to your calendar
This is the default method for making classes available.
Rather than the frequency of standard one-on-one appointment scheduling, classes and events typically occur on specific dates and times.
You can add empty class or event appointments directly to your calendar to make them available to clients to book through the online scheduler.
With the class or event, multiple clients will be able to book for the same time until the max capacity you've set is filled.
(1) Go to the Calendar tab
(2) Click the date & time slot you’d like to offer a class or event
(3) In the New Appointment dialog, select the class from the Service drop down list
(4) The Max Capacity for your class or event will auto-fill based on your class service settings. You can adjust the capacity for the specific class or event you are adding without affecting your regular settings, if needed.
(5) Click Save
Repeating class or event
More information: Repeating appointments and classes
You can set the repeating options for daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly repeating classes or events.
Note: In the picture above, we have a class that repeats weekly on Tuesdays at 12pm.
Method 2: Offering classes wherever you have availability on your schedule
You can make classes available whenever you have time on your schedule. Appointment times for classes will be based on:
- your set work hours
- your Available Appointment Times settings (scheduling interval or specific appointment times)
- any appointments already booked on your schedule, including personal appointments
For example, if your work hours are 9am to 5pm and your appointment times show every 1 hour, clients would see times for classes at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, etc. If an appointment is already booked at 10am, clients would see times for classes at 9:00, 11:00, 12:00, etc.
(1) Go to Settings > Services / Classes / Events
(2a) Click Edit next to an existing service; or
(2b) Click Add Service to create a new service
(3) Scroll down to the Class section
(4) Click the No button to change it to Yes
(5) Set the Max capacity of the class
(6) Check the box next to Also offer this class whenever you have availability on your schedule
(7) Click Save at the bottom of the page
Clients will see available class times in the same fashion as standard one-on-one appointment times.
Note: Further define your class availability by setting specific appointment times for your class service.
When a class or event is full
When the max capacity of a class time has been booked, that time will no longer appear in the scheduler.
keywords: class, service, event, group, workshop, multiple people, appointment, max capacity, availability, calendar